    values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?

    Thanks,
    Gyorgy
    Gyorgy Sajo, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Gyorgy Sajo

    Colin Guest

    "Gyorgy Sajo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
    > BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
    > manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
    > values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gyorgy

    http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/en_us/documentation/data_sheets/diamondm
    ax_10_data_sheet.pdf
    Colin, Apr 13, 2005

  3. Gyorgy Sajo

    Plato Guest

    Gyorgy Sajo wrote:

    > I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
    > BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
    > manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
    > values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?

    If the bios cant see the drive then entering in the specs wont help. You
    need a bios flash that addresses large drives or a pci controller card.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Gyorgy Sajo

    Robert Baer Guest

    Gyorgy Sajo wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
    > BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
    > manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
    > values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gyorgy

    Be advised that when you do get it working, do not install a second
    hard drive *unless* it is another Maxtor of the same vintage.
    Maxtor drives have had a bad habit of refusing to work with any other
    brand of hard drive, or with a Maxtor of other vintages.
    This has been the case since the early daze of PCs, an i do not
    expect that pattern to ever be broken.
    Robert Baer, Apr 14, 2005