Maxthon # 1

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by west488, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. west488

    west488 Guest

    As the browser wars continue, my preferences and ratings for
    browsers continue to change. Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.
    More built in features, options, and flexibilty than Firefox and
    Avant. Maxthon has over 100 easy to install skins.

    You can buy in to the hype and follow the sheep, but anyone who
    claims that they use Firefox because it is "safe" or "safer",
    really don't know what they are talking about.

    If you want to be "safer" install a good virus protection and
    Spyware Blaster.

    Firefox doesn't download Active X. Maxthon has built in options
    to block ALL Active X, PopUps, Auto PopUps, Floating Ads, and
    Web content Ads.

    It doesn't take Maxthon 10 seconds to "boot up". I did a side by
    side comparison of Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant to compare browser
    speed with a dial up connection.

    Maxthon edges out Firefox for speed and leaves Avant in the dust.

    west488, Aug 9, 2005

  2. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 11:20:16 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >As the browser wars continue, my preferences and ratings for
    >browsers continue to change. Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.
    >More built in features, options, and flexibilty than Firefox and
    >Avant. Maxthon has over 100 easy to install skins.
    >
    >You can buy in to the hype and follow the sheep, but anyone who
    >claims that they use Firefox because it is "safe" or "safer",
    >really don't know what they are talking about.
    >
    >If you want to be "safer" install a good virus protection and
    >Spyware Blaster.
    >
    >Firefox doesn't download Active X. Maxthon has built in options
    >to block ALL Active X, PopUps, Auto PopUps, Floating Ads, and
    >Web content Ads.
    >
    >It doesn't take Maxthon 10 seconds to "boot up". I did a side by
    >side comparison of Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant to compare browser
    >speed with a dial up connection.
    >
    >Maxthon edges out Firefox for speed and leaves Avant in the dust.

    IE will do that, so what's the point?

    People run Firefox because they don't
    want ActiveX installing anything, ever.
    If there is a site they want to use, which
    requires it, they have IE on their PC's.

    I don't think this is the appropriate forum
    to advertise another browser, but since
    you did, tell me please, really, why should
    I switch? And why would I ever want
    ActiveX to install anything, aside from
    updating Windows, which is done with
    IE anyway and I already have that?

    --

    Pastor Dave

    "If you believe what you like in the Gospel,
    and reject what you like - it is not the Gospel
    you believe, but yourselves." - St. Augustine

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005

  3. west488

    Tom Betz Guest

    "west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.

    Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Aug 9, 2005
  4. west488

    west488 Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > On 9 Aug 2005 11:20:16 -0700, "west488"
    > <> spake thusly:
    >

    > >As the browser wars continue, my preferences and ratings for
    > >browsers continue to change. Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.
    > >More built in features, options, and flexibilty than Firefox and
    > >Avant. Maxthon has over 100 easy to install skins.
    > >
    > >You can buy in to the hype and follow the sheep, but anyone who
    > >claims that they use Firefox because it is "safe" or "safer",
    > >really don't know what they are talking about.
    > >
    > >If you want to be "safer" install a good virus protection and
    > >Spyware Blaster.
    > >
    > >Firefox doesn't download Active X. Maxthon has built in options
    > >to block ALL Active X, PopUps, Auto PopUps, Floating Ads, and
    > >Web content Ads.
    > >
    > >It doesn't take Maxthon 10 seconds to "boot up". I did a side by
    > >side comparison of Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant to compare browser
    > >speed with a dial up connection.
    > >
    > >Maxthon edges out Firefox for speed and leaves Avant in the dust.

    > IE will do that, so what's the point?
    >
    > People run Firefox because they don't
    > want ActiveX installing anything, ever.
    > If there is a site they want to use, which
    > requires it, they have IE on their PC's.
    >
    > I don't think this is the appropriate forum
    > to advertise another browser, but since
    > you did, tell me please, really, why should
    > I switch? And why would I ever want
    > ActiveX to install anything, aside from
    > updating Windows, which is done with
    > IE anyway and I already have that?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Pastor Dave

    I believe it is "appropriate" to compare Firefox to the
    other browsers that are available (Maxthon, Avant, Opera, etc.)

    I have Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant installed on my PC.
    I've installed Opera, Slimbrowser, Netscape, etc. checked out
    their features/options and then uninstalled them.

    I believe Maxthon is the #1 browser for speed, options, features,
    and flexibility.

    Should you switch? Not if you prefer Firefox. Should you buy all
    the hype or make your own choice? Whichever you prefer. I prefer
    Maxthon.

    west488, Aug 9, 2005
  5. west488

    Jim Thompson Guest

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:10:14 +0000 (UTC), Tom Betz
    <> wrote:

    >George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    > Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
    > disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
    > and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.

    If you had any balls you wouldn't put such trash below the
    dash-dash-space marker ;-)

    ...Jim Thompson
    --
    | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
    | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

    Jim Thompson, Aug 9, 2005
  6. west488

    west488 Guest

    Tom Betz wrote:
    > "west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    > @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.

    > Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.
    >
    > --

    Firefox extenstions are just add-ons for Firefox. What's your point?

    west488, Aug 9, 2005
  7. west488

    Jedi Fans Guest

    west488 wrote:
    > I believe it is "appropriate" to compare Firefox to the
    > other browsers that are available (Maxthon, Avant, Opera, etc.)
    >
    > I have Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant installed on my PC.
    > I've installed Opera, Slimbrowser, Netscape, etc. checked out
    > their features/options and then uninstalled them.
    >
    > I believe Maxthon is the #1 browser for speed, options, features,
    > and flexibility.
    >
    > Should you switch? Not if you prefer Firefox. Should you buy all
    > the hype or make your own choice? Whichever you prefer. I prefer
    > Maxthon.

    based on the IE engine means its no better than IE from a web
    developer's point of view

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Aug 9, 2005
  8. west488

    Tom Betz Guest

    "west488" <> wrote in news:1123615664.434048.118190
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Tom Betz wrote:
    >> "west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    >> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.

    >> Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.

    > Firefox extenstions are just add-ons for Firefox. What's your point?

    You said Maxon is a browser.

    Maxthon isn't a browser.

    And shit in a plastic bag is still shit.

    Tom Betz, Aug 9, 2005
  9. west488

    west488 Guest

    Jedi Fans wrote:
    > west488 wrote:
    > > I believe it is "appropriate" to compare Firefox to the
    > > other browsers that are available (Maxthon, Avant, Opera, etc.)
    > >
    > > I have Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant installed on my PC.
    > > I've installed Opera, Slimbrowser, Netscape, etc. checked out
    > > their features/options and then uninstalled them.
    > >
    > > I believe Maxthon is the #1 browser for speed, options, features,
    > > and flexibility.
    > >
    > > Should you switch? Not if you prefer Firefox. Should you buy all
    > > the hype or make your own choice? Whichever you prefer. I prefer
    > > Maxthon.
    > >

    > based on the IE engine means its no better than IE from a web
    > developer's point of view

    Were you trying to make a point or are just repeating
    some mozzila mantra? From a web developer's point of view
    Firefox is based on the gecko engine and is no better
    than netscape. Who cares? Only the sheep. Not me.

    west488, Aug 9, 2005
  10. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 12:24:33 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >I believe it is "appropriate" to compare Firefox
    >to the other browsers that are available (Maxthon,
    >Avant, Opera, etc.)

    Yours read like an ad. I wasn't even sure
    that I would get a response, thinking it
    was probably a hit & run ad. :)

    >I have Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant installed
    >on my PC. I've installed Opera, Slimbrowser,
    >Netscape, etc. checked out their features/options
    >and then uninstalled them.

    Okay.

    >I believe Maxthon is the #1 browser for speed,
    >options, features, and flexibility.

    You aren't giving me any reason to think
    that it is worth looking at. I don't do the
    "install then uninstall" routine. We're
    dealing with Windows and we both know
    what happens over time, when you do
    that with a lot of programs. :)

    What features are that important, that
    I don't have with Firefox?

    >Should you switch? Not if you prefer Firefox.
    >Should you buy all the hype or make your
    >own choice?

    I didn't buy into "hype". I installed it,
    because it blocks ActiveX and because
    it highlights text when I search for a
    word within a web page in a bright color.
    When Netscape highlights a word on
    a dark background page, they chose
    a dark color. Totally stupid.

    >Whichever you prefer. I prefer Maxthon.

    Okay, but you haven't addressed any of
    the points I made and that lowers my
    confidence in your statements.

    I mean look, you put it out there. So didn't
    you expect people to ask for an explanation
    of what you mean?

    Saying, "more features" doesn't mean
    anything to people. So it loads a web
    page faster. So what? Is that of such
    vital importance, that I should give up
    using Firefox and switch? No. That
    wouldn't be true with any browser in
    my mind. I can wait one more second. :)

    So my point is, exactly what features
    did you find in it, that made your
    experience so much better?

    And you should consider what I said,
    that you did not address. For example...

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005
  11. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:10:14 +0000 (UTC), Tom Betz
    <> spake thusly:

    >"west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    >@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.

    >Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.

    Please elaborate.

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005
  12. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 12:27:44 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >Tom Betz wrote:
    >> "west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    >> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.

    >> Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> --

    >Firefox extenstions are just add-ons for Firefox. What's your point?

    The point would be, if it's just an addon shell
    for IE, then it's really IE that you're using,
    not a separate browser and so, your claims
    were not accurate.

    IE already has the settings you're talking
    about in your other post, so what is the
    point of adding this?

    You talked about "not buying into the hype".
    Isn't it "hype" to make a claim of a faster
    browser, when it is only an addon for an
    existing browser on your system?

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005
  13. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 12:46:04 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >Jedi Fans wrote:
    >> west488 wrote:
    >> > I believe it is "appropriate" to compare Firefox to the
    >> > other browsers that are available (Maxthon, Avant, Opera, etc.)
    >> >
    >> > I have Maxthon, Firefox, and Avant installed on my PC.
    >> > I've installed Opera, Slimbrowser, Netscape, etc. checked out
    >> > their features/options and then uninstalled them.
    >> >
    >> > I believe Maxthon is the #1 browser for speed, options, features,
    >> > and flexibility.
    >> >
    >> > Should you switch? Not if you prefer Firefox. Should you buy all
    >> > the hype or make your own choice? Whichever you prefer. I prefer
    >> > Maxthon.
    >> >

    >> based on the IE engine means its no better than IE from a web
    >> developer's point of view
    >>

    >Were you trying to make a point or are just repeating
    >some mozzila mantra? From a web developer's point of view
    >Firefox is based on the gecko engine and is no better
    >than netscape. Who cares? Only the sheep. Not me.

    There is a difference between being based
    on an engine and being an addon that
    won't function without another product.

    Following your logic through, that would
    mean that M$ Office is not an actual
    product, because it has to use the
    Windows OS and is the same thing
    as what Maxthon does. That's ridiculous.

    If Maxthon is not a standalone browser,
    then you should not have promoted it as
    such, period. And you did. Not only that,
    but it doesn't do anything that IE doesn't
    do, so there is zero point in installing it.

    While talking about not buying into hype,
    the reality is, that you are not only promoting
    hype, but creating that hype. And doing it
    twice.

    1) It is a browser.

    It isn't.

    2) Features.

    IE already does these things.

    And you shouldn't be upset for being called to task
    for your own words. What you did was not honest
    and now you are trying to find any way you can,
    no matter how illogical, to avoid saying that you were
    wrong, which is ridiculous, considering that everyone
    can see clearly what has happened here. You have
    no right to be angry at someone else, for merely
    pointing out the truth of what you did.

    Had you said that you weren't aware that it was
    an addon, that would have been fine. But instead,
    you try to defend your statement that it is a
    browser and that implies that you knew this already
    and called it one anyway. And that is dishonest.

    You ignored my statements about IE already
    doing everything that this Maxthon does and
    still talked to me about "the features", never
    naming one feature that IE doesn't already
    do. That is dishonest.

    And I still think you might somehow be affiliated
    with this company. Your original post read just
    like an ad.

    I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005
  14. west488

    west488 Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > On 9 Aug 2005 12:24:33 -0700, "west488"
    > <> spake thusly:
    >
    > I don't think this is the appropriate forum
    > to advertise another browser, but since
    > you did, tell me please, really, why should
    > I switch? And why would I ever want
    > ActiveX to install anything, aside from
    > updating Windows, which is done with
    > IE anyway and I already have that?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Pastor Dave

    Did I say you should switch? No...I said you should
    use whichever you prefer.

    Did I say you want to install anything with Active X?.
    No...I said Maxthon has the option of blocking Active X,
    along with PopUps, Floating Ads, Web Ads, etc.

    Did I say Maxthon is faster, has more built in features
    and options, and is more flexible than Firefox. Yes...I did.
    That's why I prefer Maxthon.

    west488, Aug 9, 2005
  15. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 13:31:59 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >Pastor Dave wrote:
    >> On 9 Aug 2005 12:24:33 -0700, "west488"
    >> <> spake thusly:
    >>
    >> I don't think this is the appropriate forum
    >> to advertise another browser, but since
    >> you did, tell me please, really, why should
    >> I switch? And why would I ever want
    >> ActiveX to install anything, aside from
    >> updating Windows, which is done with
    >> IE anyway and I already have that?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Pastor Dave
    >>

    >Did I say you should switch? No...I said you should
    >use whichever you prefer.
    >
    >Did I say you want to install anything with Active X?.
    >No...I said Maxthon has the option of blocking Active X,
    >along with PopUps, Floating Ads, Web Ads, etc.
    >
    >Did I say Maxthon is faster, has more built in features
    >and options, and is more flexible than Firefox. Yes...I did.
    >That's why I prefer Maxthon.

    Okay, again, you completely ignored
    my questions.

    The fact is, this product is not a browser.
    It is an addon for IE and offers no features
    that IE doesn't already offer.

    I now believe that you are simply
    advertising for this company.

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005
  16. west488

    west488 Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > On 9 Aug 2005 12:46:04 -0700, "west488"
    > <> spake thusly:
    >

    > >Jedi Fans wrote:

    > >> based on the IE engine means its no better than IE from a web
    > >> developer's point of view
    > >>

    > >Were you trying to make a point or are just repeating
    > >some mozzila mantra? From a web developer's point of view
    > >Firefox is based on the gecko engine and is no better
    > >than netscape. Who cares? Only the sheep. Not me.

    > There is a difference between being based
    > on an engine and being an addon that
    > won't function without another product.
    >
    > Following your logic through, that would
    > mean that M$ Office is not an actual
    > product, because it has to use the
    > Windows OS and is the same thing
    > as what Maxthon does. That's ridiculous.
    >
    > If Maxthon is not a standalone browser,
    > then you should not have promoted it as
    > such, period. And you did. Not only that,
    > but it doesn't do anything that IE doesn't
    > do, so there is zero point in installing it.
    >
    > While talking about not buying into hype,
    > the reality is, that you are not only promoting
    > hype, but creating that hype. And doing it
    > twice.
    >
    > 1) It is a browser.
    >
    > It isn't.
    >
    > 2) Features.
    >
    > IE already does these things.
    >
    > And you shouldn't be upset for being called to task
    > for your own words. What you did was not honest
    > and now you are trying to find any way you can,
    > no matter how illogical, to avoid saying that you were
    > wrong, which is ridiculous, considering that everyone
    > can see clearly what has happened here. You have
    > no right to be angry at someone else, for merely
    > pointing out the truth of what you did.
    >
    > Had you said that you weren't aware that it was
    > an addon, that would have been fine. But instead,
    > you try to defend your statement that it is a
    > browser and that implies that you knew this already
    > and called it one anyway. And that is dishonest.
    >
    > You ignored my statements about IE already
    > doing everything that this Maxthon does and
    > still talked to me about "the features", never
    > naming one feature that IE doesn't already
    > do. That is dishonest.
    >
    > And I still think you might somehow be affiliated
    > with this company. Your original post read just
    > like an ad.
    >
    > I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
    >
    > Pastor Dave

    If I'm ignoring your statements, its because its obvious
    that you are going out of your way to create silly arguments.
    I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

    west488, Aug 9, 2005
  17. west488

    west488 Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > On 9 Aug 2005 12:27:44 -0700, "west488"
    > <> spake thusly:
    >

    > >Tom Betz wrote:
    > >> "west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    > >> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > >> Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.
    > >>
    > >> --

    > >Firefox extenstions are just add-ons for Firefox. What's your point?

    > The point would be, if it's just an addon shell
    > for IE, then it's really IE that you're using,
    > not a separate browser and so, your claims
    > were not accurate.
    >
    > IE already has the settings you're talking
    > about in your other post, so what is the
    > point of adding this?
    >
    > You talked about "not buying into the hype".
    > Isn't it "hype" to make a claim of a faster
    > browser, when it is only an addon for an
    > existing browser on your system?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Pastor Dave

    I think you have too much time on your hands and are
    desperate for attention.

    west488, Aug 9, 2005
  18. west488

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:10:14 +0000 (UTC), Tom Betz
    > <> spake thusly:
    >
    >> "west488" <> wrote in news:1123611616.855556.141050
    >> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >>> Maxthon is currently the # 1 browser.

    >> Maxthon is just an add-on shell for Internet Explorer.

    > Please elaborate.

    develop a web page to the w3c standards with divs and css and watch it
    fail in both IE and maxthon aka Maxthon = IE with tabs...

    Jedi Fans, Aug 9, 2005
  19. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 14:01:06 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >Pastor Dave wrote:
    >> On 9 Aug 2005 12:27:44 -0700, "west488"
    >> <> spake thusly:

    >> >Firefox extenstions are just add-ons for Firefox. What's your point?

    >> The point would be, if it's just an addon shell
    >> for IE, then it's really IE that you're using,
    >> not a separate browser and so, your claims
    >> were not accurate.
    >>
    >> IE already has the settings you're talking
    >> about in your other post, so what is the
    >> point of adding this?
    >>
    >> You talked about "not buying into the hype".
    >> Isn't it "hype" to make a claim of a faster
    >> browser, when it is only an addon for an
    >> existing browser on your system?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Pastor Dave
    >>

    >I think you have too much time on your hands and are
    >desperate for attention.

    I'm not the one who advertised the product.

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005
  20. west488

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On 9 Aug 2005 13:49:19 -0700, "west488"
    <> spake thusly:

    >Pastor Dave wrote:
    >> On 9 Aug 2005 12:46:04 -0700, "west488"
    >> <> spake thusly:

    >> >Were you trying to make a point or are just repeating
    >> >some mozzila mantra? From a web developer's point of view
    >> >Firefox is based on the gecko engine and is no better
    >> >than netscape. Who cares? Only the sheep. Not me.

    >> There is a difference between being based
    >> on an engine and being an addon that
    >> won't function without another product.
    >>
    >> Following your logic through, that would
    >> mean that M$ Office is not an actual
    >> product, because it has to use the
    >> Windows OS and is the same thing
    >> as what Maxthon does. That's ridiculous.
    >>
    >> If Maxthon is not a standalone browser,
    >> then you should not have promoted it as
    >> such, period. And you did. Not only that,
    >> but it doesn't do anything that IE doesn't
    >> do, so there is zero point in installing it.
    >>
    >> While talking about not buying into hype,
    >> the reality is, that you are not only promoting
    >> hype, but creating that hype. And doing it
    >> twice.
    >>
    >> 1) It is a browser.
    >>
    >> It isn't.
    >>
    >> 2) Features.
    >>
    >> IE already does these things.
    >>
    >> And you shouldn't be upset for being called to task
    >> for your own words. What you did was not honest
    >> and now you are trying to find any way you can,
    >> no matter how illogical, to avoid saying that you were
    >> wrong, which is ridiculous, considering that everyone
    >> can see clearly what has happened here. You have
    >> no right to be angry at someone else, for merely
    >> pointing out the truth of what you did.
    >>
    >> Had you said that you weren't aware that it was
    >> an addon, that would have been fine. But instead,
    >> you try to defend your statement that it is a
    >> browser and that implies that you knew this already
    >> and called it one anyway. And that is dishonest.
    >>
    >> You ignored my statements about IE already
    >> doing everything that this Maxthon does and
    >> still talked to me about "the features", never
    >> naming one feature that IE doesn't already
    >> do. That is dishonest.
    >>
    >> And I still think you might somehow be affiliated
    >> with this company. Your original post read just
    >> like an ad.
    >>
    >> I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
    >>
    >> Pastor Dave
    >>

    >If I'm ignoring your statements, its because

    ....they're true.

    >its obvious that you are going out of your way
    >to create silly arguments.

    I am not the one who deceptively advertised
    a product and then refused to discuss it.

    Goodbye.

    Pastor Dave, Aug 9, 2005