    What is maximum PDF file size I can put on CD ?
    I want to make PDF file containing 250 pages 550Kb each (137.5Mb total). I'm
    wonder if slower and older computers will be able to open it from CD ROM .

    Andy, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Andy wrote:
    > (I posted this message before but I do not see it, so I'm do it again)
    > What is maximum PDF file size I can put on CD ?
    > I want to make PDF file containing 250 pages 550Kb each (137.5Mb total). I'm
    > wonder if slower and older computers will be able to open it from CD ROM .

    1. Learn how to scroll down or search.
    2. Unless you have some special kind of magic fractal CD-Rs, you will
    reach the maximum capacity limit of your removable media long before the
    limits of PDF architecture.

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Andy

    Harrison Guest

    Slower, older computers will be able to open the file, but it will
    obviously be slower.
    Those are BIG page sizes for pdf.
    Have you optimized the document at all?
    For example, I am looking a 41 page document right now, with images
    and text on every page, which is only 5 MB total.

    Harrison, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > Slower, older computers will be able to open the file, but it will
    > obviously be slower.
    > Those are BIG page sizes for pdf.
    > Have you optimized the document at all?
    > For example, I am looking a 41 page document right now, with images
    > and text on every page, which is only 5 MB total.
    >
    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:40:53 GMT, "Andy" <> wrote:
    >
    > >(I posted this message before but I do not see it, so I'm do it again)
    > >What is maximum PDF file size I can put on CD ?
    > >I want to make PDF file containing 250 pages 550Kb each (137.5Mb total).

    I'm
    > >wonder if slower and older computers will be able to open it from CD ROM

    ..

    I can optimise up to 175Kb/page. I think it should work. Thanx for info.

    Andy, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Andy

    philo Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > (I posted this message before but I do not see it, so I'm do it again)
    > What is maximum PDF file size I can put on CD ?
    > I want to make PDF file containing 250 pages 550Kb each (137.5Mb total).

    I'm
    > wonder if slower and older computers will be able to open it from CD ROM .

    A file that size would be slow opening on most any machine.

    my guess is that an older machine would have a *lot* of trouble with that

    philo, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > > (I posted this message before but I do not see it, so I'm do it again)
    > > What is maximum PDF file size I can put on CD ?
    > > I want to make PDF file containing 250 pages 550Kb each (137.5Mb total).

    > I'm
    > > wonder if slower and older computers will be able to open it from CD ROM

    ..

    > A file that size would be slow opening on most any machine.
    >
    > my guess is that an older machine would have a *lot* of trouble with that

    I will do a "Demo" PDF and check it on somebody's older computer. If it will
    not work, I will need to do an Index page and links to smaller PDF files.

    Andy, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Andy

    philo Guest

    > > A file that size would be slow opening on most any machine.
    > >
    > > my guess is that an older machine would have a *lot* of trouble with

    that

    > I will do a "Demo" PDF and check it on somebody's older computer. If it

    will
    > not work, I will need to do an Index page and links to smaller PDF files.

    good idea...
    it's best to test.

    philo, Jan 15, 2004