    looking at getting a 4-way Opteron box with 8gb or more of memory, and I'd
    like to know if we can save a little bit of money by going with standard
    edition :)
    Michael D'Angelo, Jan 26, 2006

  2. 32 GBs for Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Why-64-Bit-Good-E12.html
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 26, 2006

  3. It's funny because I just read that when I was searching, but I couldn't
    find anything definite on the MS site...

    Michael D'Angelo, Jan 26, 2006
  4. Hello Michael,
    try this link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/888732

    It's 32-bit gig for Windows 2003 Standard Server X64 edition.

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Michael D'Angelo" <>
    <Subject: Maximum memory for x64
    <Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:56:44 -0500
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jan 26, 2006
  5. Ah ha, here it is.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/x64/standard.mspx
    "Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition, supports up to 32 GB of RAM on
    1- to 4-way servers."

    Gotta love going with 4 dual-core CPUs :)

    Michael D'Angelo, Jan 26, 2006
  6. Very useful, thanks!

    Michael D'Angelo, Jan 26, 2006
  7. Told ya and I linked ya! :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 26, 2006
  8. I'm running the eval copy of XP64 and it has a 3 GB RAM limit, but no
    swap/virtual memory limit that I have encountered so far.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Apr 25, 2006
  9. It does NOT have a 3GB limit. It is the FULL product, exactly the same as
    the OEM versions, but with a time limit. No other limits.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 25, 2006
  10. Michael D'Angelo

    Admiral Q Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running the eval copy of XP64 and it has a 3 GB RAM limit, but no
    > swap/virtual memory limit that I have encountered so far.
    >
    > "Michael D'Angelo" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I can't seem to find it on Microsoft's site. What is the maximum
    >> amount
    >> of memory Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard can access? On 32-bit, I know
    >> it
    >> is 4GB, but I can't find out if it's the same or higher on x64. We're
    >> looking at getting a 4-way Opteron box with 8gb or more of memory, and
    >> I'd
    >> like to know if we can save a little bit of money by going with standard
    >> edition :)

    See your previous post - my XP64 see all be 64MB of 8GB - for limits see
    this KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/KB/888732

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!