    take?

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Mar 26, 2007

  2. On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:24:06 +0100, Alasdair <>
    wrote:

    >I have a computer with a Gigabyte motherboard model GA-6WMM7 Rev 4.1.
    >The existing HDD is 15Gb but I want to install a bigger one, for
    >example 200Gb.
    >
    >Will the motherboard take it and if not, what is the largest it will
    >take?

    yes, after you install the new hard drive, reboot the computer and
    access the bios to make sure it was found.

    -Art- (not Art)

    -Art- (not Art)

    -Art- (not Art), Mar 26, 2007

  3. Alasdair

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    >I have a computer with a Gigabyte motherboard model GA-6WMM7 Rev 4.1.
    > The existing HDD is 15Gb but I want to install a bigger one, for
    > example 200Gb.
    >
    > Will the motherboard take it and if not, what is the largest it will
    > take?

    Get whatever you want. Then set it up. If the board doesn't support drives
    larger than32GB, follow the manufacturer's installation instructions. On
    larger drives, there's usually a 32GB size limit jumper configuration. And
    there's drive overlay software. Finally, there's a PCI card addon that
    handles ATA drives and doesn't care about the BIOS limits.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132005 (there are
    others too)

    Or you can get a SATA drive and controller

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000150410 1193212547&name=SATA

    or even one that does BOTH

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000150410 1193216733&name=SATA / IDE

    WhzzKdd, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Alasdair

    doS Guest

    yeah, i bet he wants to spend 400.00 plus on a computer thats worth 200....

    doS, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Alasdair

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Heck, I do it all the time! I have three systems here in the house right now
    that cost me more to repair than I can sell them for <g>

    WhzzKdd, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Alasdair

    doS Guest

    so do I<bg>

    doS, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Alasdair wrote:

    > GA-6WMM7

    That's from 1999, for a celeron and only 2 sdram slots, with a i810 chipset.
    Harddrive size limits for bootable drives could be 74 or 137 GB (or 80/160
    in HD manuf. speech).

    Walter Mautner, Mar 26, 2007