    maximize the screen using the maximize button. Any suggestions are
    appreciated. (Program screens open fine.)

    Stephen
    Stephen, Nov 8, 2008

  2. "Stephen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I maximize the web page screens on IE 7 using XP Home?

    To put IE in "full screen" mode, press F11, or select the "Full Screen" menu
    item from the Tools menu.

    > When I open a
    > web page there is always a space at the bottom which makes it necessary to
    > maximize the screen using the maximize button. Any suggestions are
    > appreciated. (Program screens open fine.)

    To maximize, click on the maximize icon, like any other window, or press
    Alt-Spacebar 'X' to maximize.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 8, 2008

  3. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Hi, Thanks for your response. I think that I may have worded my question
    incorrectly. I am aware of the "Full Screen" key that you mentioned but what
    I was referring to was the ability to maximize the web page to fill the
    screen. When I open a web page the page does not fully fill my screen so it
    is necessary to either click on the upper right hand square or right click on
    the upper area of the menu bar and select maximize. Of course this is not
    permanent.

    Thanks for your help
    Stephen

    Stephen, Nov 9, 2008
  4. "Stephen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Thanks for your response. I think that I may have worded my question
    > incorrectly. I am aware of the "Full Screen" key that you mentioned but
    > what
    > I was referring to was the ability to maximize the web page to fill the
    > screen. When I open a web page the page does not fully fill my screen so
    > it
    > is necessary to either click on the upper right hand square or right click
    > on
    > the upper area of the menu bar and select maximize. Of course this is not
    > permanent.

    Much of this is under the control of the webserver/webdeveloper,
    particularly if the webpage is sized to a specific pixel height/width, and
    your screen resolution is higher than that configured on the webpage.

    You cannot really control the webpage itself, all you can control is the
    placement and presentation of the web browser window on your display.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 9, 2008