    blacked out, and I thought that the hard drive was gone. But it might
    be due to the death of the battery. Thanks for information.

    Fulio Pen

    Fulio Open, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Fulio Open wrote:
    > I am just told that it is bad for your battery if you plug it in while
    > working on your laptop and over charging it. This will decrease the
    > life of the battery dramatically. Only charge it when you are not
    > using it and when the battery is low. When you are using it, don't
    > charge the battery.
    >
    > Is this true? I always did the opposite. My last laptop suddenly
    > blacked out, and I thought that the hard drive was gone. But it might
    > be due to the death of the battery. Thanks for information.

    I think you'll find the type of battery that whoever told you that is
    thinking of an older style of battery. The newer types don't have
    "memory" in the same way as the older ones. And the chargers detect when
    the battery is charged and back down to a "trickle" charge when it's needed.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 13, 2007

  3. Fulio Open

    Fred Guest

    "Fulio Open" <> wrote in message
    >I am just told that it is bad for your battery if you plug it in while
    > working on your laptop and over charging it. This will decrease the
    > life of the battery dramatically. Only charge it when you are not
    > using it and when the battery is low. When you are using it, don't
    > charge the battery.
    >
    > Is this true? I always did the opposite. My last laptop suddenly
    > blacked out, and I thought that the hard drive was gone. But it might
    > be due to the death of the battery. Thanks for information.
    >
    > Fulio Pen

    Different types of batteries behave differently. Read manufacturers
    recommendations.

    Fred, Sep 13, 2007