maximize

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard Miller, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    Richard

    Richard Miller, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Richard Miller

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:18:22 -0700, "Richard Miller" <>
    wrote:

    >How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    What "internet" do you want opened?

    Perhaps explain your issue a little better.

    Evan Platt, Aug 8, 2006

  3. "Richard Miller" <> wrote in message
    > How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?
    >
    > Richard

    You have to pay 25 cents per session. Push a quarter into one of the slots
    on the rear of your monitor (the TV-thing you're looking at...) right when
    you turn on your computer.

    Doug

    Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Richard Miller

    Brian G Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:18:22 -0700, "Richard Miller" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    > What "internet" do you want opened?
    >
    > Perhaps explain your issue a little better.

    Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE icon in the
    task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the arrow to the right of
    the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    Brian G, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Richard Miller

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:06:55 +0100, "Brian G" <>
    wrote:

    >Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE icon in the
    >task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the arrow to the right of
    >the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    I'm not having the problem. No sense in replying to me.

    Evan Platt, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Richard Miller

    Brian G Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:06:55 +0100, "Brian G" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE
    >> icon in the task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the
    >> arrow to the right of the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    > I'm not having the problem. No sense in replying to me.

    Sorry Evan,

    Clumsy fingers tonight :-(

    Brian G

    Brian G, Aug 8, 2006

  7. >>> How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    > Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE icon in
    > the task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the arrow to the
    > right of the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    I'm using IE6 but there are no icons in the task bar on the bottem left or
    any IE icons on the task bar. I'm using XP Pro.

    Richard Miller, Aug 9, 2006
  8. Richard Miller

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:

    >> Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE
    >> icon in the task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the
    >> arrow to the right of the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    > I'm using IE6 but there are no icons in the task bar on the bottem
    > left or any IE icons on the task bar. I'm using XP Pro.

    How are you starting IE6? What Brian said applies to THAT one too.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 9, 2006
  9. Richard Miller

    Plato Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:

    > How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    There is generally a thinggy one can click in the upper right of your
    browser.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 9, 2006
  10. Richard Miller wrote:
    > How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    The internet is big enough. Please desist with this fiendish plan.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 9, 2006
  11. Richard Miller

    thanatoid Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in

    > Richard Miller wrote:
    >>
    >> How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    > There is generally a thinggy one can click in the upper
    > right of your browser.

    I guess it was time for another idiotic thread. Don't you people
    ever tire of acting stupid?

    thanatoid, Aug 9, 2006
  12. Richard Miller

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 9, 2006
  13. Richard Miller

    thanatoid Guest

    thanatoid, Aug 9, 2006
  14. Richard Miller

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya thanatoid.

    In <news:Xns9819DBA5CE68thanexit@66.250.146.158> you wrote:

    > I guess it was time for another idiotic thread. Don't you people
    > ever tire of acting stupid?

    It's triggered by stupid posts in the first place ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Aug 9, 2006
  15. Richard Miller

    thanatoid Guest

    Ponder <> wrote in

    > Hiya thanatoid.
    >
    > In <news:Xns9819DBA5CE68thanexit@66.250.146.158> you wrote:
    >
    >> I guess it was time for another idiotic thread. Don't you
    >> people ever tire of acting stupid?

    > It's triggered by stupid posts in the first place ;)

    No argument there, although the concept of restraint comes to
    mind.
    Still, what's with the link to all the houseboats?

    (I thought they were more expensive, so I actually learned
    something, but I still don't see the connection!)

    thanatoid, Aug 9, 2006

  16. >>>>> How do I open the Internet and have it maximized?

    >>> Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE
    >>> icon in the task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the
    >>> arrow to the right of the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    >> I'm using IE6 but there are no icons in the task bar on the bottem
    >> left or any IE icons on the task bar. I'm using XP Pro.

    > How are you starting IE6? What Brian said applies to THAT one too.

    Click start, go to the left hard task bar all the way to the top, click on
    Internet properties but there is no arrow to the right of Run and no Run.
    Could you explain better?

    Thank you
    Richard

    Richard Miller, Aug 9, 2006
  17. Richard Miller

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya thanatoid.

    In <news:Xns981A1957D6683thanexit@66.250.146.158> you wrote:

    > Still, what's with the link to all the houseboats?

    I've missed something there... ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Aug 9, 2006
  18. Richard Miller

    Brian G Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:

    >> Presuming you are using Internet Explorer 6 - right click the IE
    >> icon in the task bar (bottom left), click properties, click on the
    >> arrow to the right of the 'Run' box and select 'Maximized'

    > I'm using IE6 but there are no icons in the task bar on the bottem
    > left or any IE icons on the task bar. I'm using XP Pro.

    Richard,

    I am using XP Home with the 'Classic' menu for my sins but this should work
    in XP Pro.

    Method 1

    Click Start > Settings > Taskbar and start menu > locate and tick the box
    next to Show Quick Launch and this will put the icon to the bottom left of
    the screen next to the Start button - and then follow my original reply.

    Method 2

    Click Start > Programs . locate and right-click Internet Explorer > select
    Properties - and again, follow my original reply.

    Brian G

    Brian G, Aug 9, 2006
  19. Richard Miller

    thanatoid Guest

    Ponder <> wrote in

    > Hiya thanatoid.
    >
    > In <news:Xns981A1957D6683thanexit@66.250.146.158> you wrote:
    >
    >> Still, what's with the link to all the houseboats?

    > I've missed something there... ;)

    Your reply contained the following:

    > http://www.eliteboatsales.com/component/option,com_hotproper
    > ty/task,view/id,117/Itemid,1/

    Unless it was somebody else's, in which case sorry - brain
    getting old and too lazy to re-DL articles to make sure. But it
    WAS in this thread, so of course, I would like understand the
    connection. And I am pretty sure it was yours.

    thanatoid, Aug 9, 2006
  20. Richard Miller

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya thanatoid.

    In <news:Xns981A82F80CA0Fthanexit@66.250.146.158> you wrote:

    > Your reply contained the following:
    >> http://www.eliteboatsales.com/component/option,com_hotproperty/task,view/id,117/Itemid,1/

    Weird! It's not showing here. Let's check direct from ntl's news server
    rather than my own...

    ...nope, not there either, and no extra references so couldn't have been
    from another post. It's either been corrupted somewhere between ntl and
    usenetcompany or in Xnews's database.

    > Unless it was somebody else's, in which case sorry - brain
    > getting old and too lazy to re-DL articles to make sure. But it
    > WAS in this thread, so of course, I would like understand the
    > connection. And I am pretty sure it was yours.

    Ah, yes it *was* in this thread but not in this sub-thread. It was from
    Plato to which you responded "Yes, and?" ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Aug 9, 2006