    just purchased it retail online.

    Any recommendation would be appreciated.

    S.Anderson
    Rieper, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Rieper

    Slimpauly Guest

    "Rieper" <> wrote:
    >I purchased a 5-pack of Maxell DVD+R (up to 4x recording) for use with my
    >Pioneer A06. Unfortunately, when using Nero 6, I can only muster 2.4x
    >recording. Nero says the "media" does not support 4x speeds for recording.
    >

    >Is this the media's fault (false advertisement), Nero's fault for not
    >correctly recognizing the DVD+R speed, or is my Pioneer A06 defective? I
    >just purchased it retail online.
    >

    >Any recommendation would be appreciated.
    >

    >S.Anderson

    you need to upgrade your firmware. You could get it at www.dvdrhelp.com.
    Hpe this helps. Cheers

    Slimpauly, Oct 1, 2003

  3. On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:23:16 GMT, "Rieper" <> wrote:

    >I purchased a 5-pack of Maxell DVD+R (up to 4x recording) for use with my
    >Pioneer A06. Unfortunately, when using Nero 6, I can only muster 2.4x
    >recording. Nero says the "media" does not support 4x speeds for recording.
    >

    >Is this the media's fault (false advertisement), Nero's fault for not
    >correctly recognizing the DVD+R speed, or is my Pioneer A06 defective? I
    >just purchased it retail online.

    It will do 4X, but not on Maxell. As the manual says, it defaults to
    the next lowest speed if the media can't be verified. You probably
    have Firmware 1.5, upgrade to 1.7 for greater compatibility.
    . Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 1, 2003