  1. Nowhere

    Nowhere Guest

    What ways do you suggest to protect access to your computer. Passwords, etc
    Nowhere, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Nowhere

    Todd H. Guest

    "Nowhere" <> writes:

    > What ways do you suggest to protect access to your computer. Passwords, etc

    Ah, the well-constrained question.

    Lock the room it's in, you keep the only key. Make sure it's not a
    drop ceiling. Never connect it to any network or the internet.

    To get better advice, you'll need to fill in some details as to what
    you're concerned about protecting, what OS it's running, the
    environment the machine is used in (physical and network), what its
    used for, and how many users have to access it....

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Feb 9, 2006

  3. We have free very capable encryption software up on our site, stop by
    and have a look, it should fit the bill.

    * www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing)
    * Anonymous Secure Offshore SSH-2 Surfing Tunnels
    * Anonymous Mail & News through SSH-2 Tunnels
    * Free Resources and Privacy Software
    (admins) privacyoffshore, Feb 9, 2006
  4. Nowhere

    cypher Guest

    cypher, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Nowhere

    nemo_outis Guest

    cypher <> wrote in news:dsgor3$q8u$:

    > "Nowhere" <> wrote in
    >
    >> What ways do you suggest to protect access to your computer.
    >> Passwords, etc

    > You can start here:
    > Security and Encryption Faq - Revision 21
    > by Doctor Who
    > http://tinyurl.com/8mwqf
    >
    > Regards,
    > cypher

    The FAQ is good but IMHO is far too light on boring but important stuff
    like physical security.

    Regards,
    nemo_outis, Feb 10, 2006