    of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and nothing
    obvious leaps out at me.

    TIA
    Redvee, Sep 3, 2006

  2. Redvee wrote:

    >When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a way
    >of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and nothing
    >obvious leaps out at me.
    >
    >TIA

    You can change it in your preferences file with About:config

    Type about:config in your location bar and press enter you get the
    config page.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config

    search for :

    *network. http. max-connections *(default 24)
    *network. http. max-connections-per-server * (default 8)
    doubleclick on them and enter a new value.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.max-connections
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.max-connections-per-server

    *
    --
    Peter

    Error 216: Tagline out of paper.
    *
    Peter Boerhof, Sep 3, 2006

  3. Redvee

    Orbis Guest

    Redvee wrote:
    > When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a way
    > of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and nothing
    > obvious leaps out at me.

    Out of interest, what sort of files are downloading if you
    have 23 concurrent ones going at once?

    ..... you might be better off using a download manager like
    GetRight?
    Orbis, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Redvee

    Redvee Guest

    "Orbis" <> wrote in message news:editun$gts$...
    > Redvee wrote:
    >> When downloading multiple files in FF the max I can DL is 23. Is there a
    >> way of upping the number. I've looked in Tools-->Options-->Downloads and
    >> nothing obvious leaps out at me.

    > Out of interest, what sort of files are downloading if you have 23
    > concurrent ones going at once?
    >
    > .... you might be better off using a download manager like GetRight?

    Pics of nude ladies ;-)
    Redvee, Sep 5, 2006
  5. Redvee

    Orbis Guest

    > Pics of nude ladies ;-)

    Must be pretty high res ones if the first one is still going
    while the 31st one is starting.
    Orbis, Sep 7, 2006
  6. Redvee

    Redvee Guest

    "Orbis" <> wrote in message news:edo2cn$qtv$...
    >> Pics of nude ladies ;-)

    > Must be pretty high res ones if the first one is still going while the
    > 31st one is starting.

    I managed to dl them all using Rapidget and a premium RS account, in total
    it was over 20,000 images in 300+ zipfolders.
    Redvee, Sep 8, 2006
  7. Redvee

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Redvee wrote:
    > "Orbis" <> wrote in message news:edo2cn$qtv$...
    >>> Pics of nude ladies ;-)

    >> Must be pretty high res ones if the first one is still going while the
    >> 31st one is starting.
    >>

    > I managed to dl them all using Rapidget and a premium RS account, in total
    > it was over 20,000 images in 300+ zipfolders.

    20,000 naked ladies? No matter how fast you DLed them I'm left sitting
    here with the staggering thought of VIEWING all those pics! Geez, I
    think I'd be pretty numb after about 4,313. :-D Oh well. To each his own.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Sep 9, 2006