Max Headroom??

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ken L. Cheshire, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series of Max Headroom
    anytime soon on DVD?

    Ken L. Cheshire, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Ken L. Cheshire wrote:

    > Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series of Max Headroom
    > anytime soon on DVD?

    I've got the pilot movie on tape around here somewhere,
    need to transfer it to dvd-r one of these days.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Jan 9, 2004

  3. I hope we'll get both MAX TV shows soon. The "New Coke" commercials "he" did
    would be a cool bonus as well.

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Ken L. Cheshire

    jayembee Guest

    "Ken L. Cheshire" <> wrote:

    > Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series
    > of Max Headroom anytime soon on DVD?

    There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
    rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
    -- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
    by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
    is being considered for DVD release.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Ken L. Cheshire

    Java Jive Guest

    Shame ...

    Java Jive, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Ken L. Cheshire

    Justin Guest

    jayembee wrote on [9 Jan 2004 16:13:20 -0800]:
    > "Ken L. Cheshire" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series
    >> of Max Headroom anytime soon on DVD?

    > There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
    > rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
    > -- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
    > by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
    > is being considered for DVD release.

    What about the Max Headroom variety/music video show? ;)

    Justin, Jan 10, 2004
  7. Ken L. Cheshire

    jayembee Guest

    "Java Jive" <> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
    >> rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
    >> -- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
    >> by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
    >> is being considered for DVD release.

    > Shame ...

    Well, while Warner hasn't given any indication that MAX is
    being considered for DVD release, they also haven't given
    any indication that they've considered and dismissed it as
    a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if the Powers That Be
    at Warner Home Video don't even realize that they own it.

    Warner had traditionally been opposed to the idea of releasing
    TV series on home video. They've been doing a turnaround on
    this point, but it's going to take them a while to get beyond
    the "current hit" mentality.

    Three of my most-wanted series on DVD are Warner properties:
    MAX HEADROOM, THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY JR., and CHINA
    BEACH.

    The alternative to waiting patiently for them would be to
    write to Warner Home Video suggesting they consider releasing
    MAX on DVD.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 10, 2004