Max Headroiom

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ken L. Cheshire, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming out
    on DVD?
    Ken L. Cheshire, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Ken L. Cheshire

    Eaton Wings Guest

    "Ken L. Cheshire" <> wrote in news:nruLf.33531$X7.20869
    @bignews7.bellsouth.net:

    > Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming out
    > on DVD?

    nope not yet.
    Eaton Wings, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Ken L. Cheshire

    Bill's News Guest

    Ken L. Cheshire wrote:
    > Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming
    > out on DVD?

    Ya know, for all the "older" folk who'd love it, it's hard to believe
    that Disney (ABC) won't fork up the entire catalogue of 14 or so eps
    and specials (including the great Dave Letterman interview). What??
    There's no audience?

    For some time, some years ago, there was a DVD offered for sale which
    was a capture of regular TechTV reruns. Neither seem to exist any
    more. It's as if Disney found the novel ABC, Canadian born, theme to
    be more than a tad to introspective????
    Bill's News, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Ken L. Cheshire

    jayembee Guest

    "Bill's News" <> wrote:

    > Ken L. Cheshire wrote:
    >> Has anyone heard anything about Max Headroom (the US series) coming
    >> out on DVD?

    > Ya know, for all the "older" folk who'd love it, it's hard to believe
    > that Disney (ABC) won't fork up the entire catalogue of 14 or so eps
    > and specials (including the great Dave Letterman interview). What??
    > There's no audience?

    Disney/ABC doesn't own it. The show was produced by Karl Lorimar
    Television. Warner has owned Lorimar's catalog for somewhere in
    the neighborhood of 10-15 years.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Mar 5, 2006
  5. Ken L. Cheshire

    Jeff Rife Guest

    jayembee () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > "Bill's News" <> wrote:
    > > Ya know, for all the "older" folk who'd love it, it's hard to believe
    > > that Disney (ABC) won't fork up the entire catalogue of 14 or so eps
    > > and specials (including the great Dave Letterman interview). What??
    > > There's no audience?

    > Disney/ABC doesn't own it. The show was produced by Karl Lorimar
    > Television. Warner has owned Lorimar's catalog for somewhere in
    > the neighborhood of 10-15 years.

    And, just because a set is "small" or "easy" doesn't mean it will *ever*
    come out. There is a rumor that we will get the original "Police Squad"
    TV series this year, but until I see it, I won't believe it. And, I
    think that's the smallest but most successful "complete series" in the
    history of television, with the theatrical movies grossing nearly $250M
    total worldwide.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "...the flames began at a prophylactic recycling

    Jeff Rife, Mar 5, 2006