    ADSL 512 k
    What is the max download speed?
    TIA
    BIGEYE, Mar 1, 2005

  2. BIGEYE

    John Guest

    BIGEYE wrote:
    > ADSL 512 k
    > What is the max download speed?
    > TIA

    The answer is in the question.
    John, Mar 1, 2005

  3. John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
    collector, asserted:

    > BIGEYE wrote:
    >> ADSL 512 k
    >> What is the max download speed?
    >> TIA
    >>

    > The answer is in the question.

    Is it really, you fuckhead? Why don't you fuckin' well explain
    to him then how you derive at that fucked up conclusion, you
    dizzy macaroon.
    Nu vind ik je een egoïstische slappe teringslet, Mar 1, 2005
  4. BIGEYE

    Col Guest

    512 Kbits per sec / 8 = 64 Kbytes per sec

    Col, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Howdy!

    > ADSL 512 k
    > What is the max download speed?

    Approximatly 50 KBytes/second.

    You get that by dividing the 512Kbit by 10. Yah, bytes are 8 bits,
    but there's also overhead ... so the /10 works pretty darn good for a "rule
    of thumb".

    Of course, "Actual throughput depends on several variables. Your
    mileage may vary. Batteries not included."

    RwP
    Ralph W. Phillips, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Nu vind ik je een egoïstische slappe teringslet wrote:
    > John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
    > collector, asserted:
    >
    >> BIGEYE wrote:
    >>> ADSL 512 k
    >>> What is the max download speed?
    >>> TIA
    >>>

    >> The answer is in the question.

    Suggest you learn the difference between 'down/load/' and down/stream/',
    dickwad.

    512k is the down/stream/ speed. The down/load/ speed is around 50kbps
    (allowing for overheads).

    on salads.
    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 1, 2005
  7. BIGEYE

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <> wrote in message
    > Nu vind ik je een egoïstische slappe teringslet wrote:
    >> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
    >> collector, asserted:

    >>> The answer is in the question.

    > Suggest you learn the difference between 'down/load/' and down/stream/',
    > dickwad.
    >
    > 512k is the down/stream/ speed. The down/load/ speed is around 50kbps
    > (allowing for overheads).

    overhead : error checking, bandwidth bottlenecks, corrupt packets,
    collisions.

    downstream bandwidth is synonymous with purchased download speed. actual
    download speed is different from average download speed.

    Kbps/KBps/Cps symantics...

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Miss Perspicacia Tick, <>, the leery, smoldering dick flogger,
    and army deserter, chewed:

    > Nu vind ik je een egoïstische slappe terangslet wrote:
    >> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
    >> collector, asserted:

    >>> The answer is in the question.

    > Suggest yew learn thuh dif'nference 'atween 'down/load/' an'
    > down/stream/', dickwad. *burp*
    >
    > 512k is thuh down/stream/ speed. *burp* The down/load/ speed is aroun'
    > 50kbps (allowin' fer overheads).

    And just what the fucked are you telling me that for you dumb cunting bint,
    eh?
    Jij bent nu echt een gegaliseerde overgedoseerde k, Mar 1, 2005
  9. Miss Perspicacia Tick, <>, the three-chinned, outright fluff,
    and prostitute who solicits custom by knocking on doors, effused:

    > Nu vind ik je een egoïstische slappe teringslet wrote:
    >> John, <no@email>, the heaped-up, stay-at-home flesh wound, and debt
    >> collector, asserted:

    >>> The answer is in the question.

    > Suggest you learn the difference between 'down/load/' and
    > down/stream/', dickwad.
    >
    > 512k is the down/stream/ speed. The down/load/ speed is around 50kbps
    > (allowing for overheads).

    Get your fucking facts straight if you're going to spout your shite, slag.
    Terence Bessel, Mar 1, 2005
  10. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    "Ralph W. Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > Howdy!
    >
    > "BIGEYE" <address@is[invalid].ok> wrote in message
    >> ADSL 512 k
    >> What is the max download speed?

    > Approximatly 50 KBytes/second.
    >
    > You get that by dividing the 512Kbit by 10. Yah, bytes are 8 bits,
    > but there's also overhead ... so the /10 works pretty darn good for a
    > "rule
    > of thumb".
    >
    > Of course, "Actual throughput depends on several variables. Your
    > mileage may vary. Batteries not included."
    >
    > RwP

    Thanks guys, thought it was about 59k. Sometimes I get download speeds
    around 61k.
    BIGEYE, Mar 1, 2005
  11. Howdy!

    > Thanks guys, thought it was about 59k. Sometimes I get download speeds
    > around 61k.

    *nod* Hence the "Mileage may vary" B)

    RwP
    Ralph W. Phillips, Mar 2, 2005