    of load balancing?

    Thanks!
    , Aug 23, 2007

  2. Merv Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Re: Max Clients, Load Balance on Aironet 1231? I have 200 PDA's!

    On Aug 23, 12:23 pm, Merv <> wrote:
    > This is known generically as "roaming"
    >
    > start with Cisco docs:
    >
    > http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/wireless/showcase?case=K553...
    >
    > http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/wireless/showcase?case=K145...
    >
    > http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_...

    Event though this is a pure load balance issue? Right now, with more
    than 100 clients connected to one AP, it starts to drop them, even
    though there is another AP with the same SSID just waiting for them to
    connect. They don't jump over. They only jump over when there is a
    loss of connectivity (power failure).
    , Aug 23, 2007
  4. Merv Guest

    Re: Max Clients, Load Balance on Aironet 1231? I have 200 PDA's!

    AFAIK the APs do not perform load balancing. This would require that
    an AP be able to instruct a clent to associate with a different AP.
    Merv, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Aug 23, 3:45 pm, Merv <> wrote:
    > AFAIK the APs do not perform load balancing. This would require that
    > an AP be able to instruct a clent to associate with a different AP.

    What about doing a WDS setup, then writing a TDS(TDL) Script to force
    boot clients when one AP reaches 100 connections?
    , Aug 24, 2007
  6. Re: Max Clients, Load Balance on Aironet 1231? I have 200 PDA's!

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:45:53 -0700, Merv <> wrote:

    ~ AFAIK the APs do not perform load balancing. This would require that
    ~ an AP be able to instruct a clent to associate with a different AP.

    AP reports its load in its beacons/probe responses, so hopefully the
    clients would be smart enough to go to the less loaded AP, if they are
    getting good signal from it.

    With LWAPP APs, we can kick off clients from the AP that we don't want
    them on in hopes that they will roam to a less loaded AP ("Aggressive
    Load Balancing".) This may or may not work well with all clients.

    With CCXv5, we can send a client a directed roam.

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Aug 28, 2007