    over!). I also have downloaded the latest USB drivers for W2K from
    their website. Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Tara Garard, Aug 9, 2004

  2. (Tara Garard) wrote:

    >I am trying to install the Mavica CD1000 USB driver for Windows 2000
    >and keep getting the error "Error 28 - Driver not installed", in the
    >device manager. The Hardware wizard sees the camera correctly, and I
    >have followed the instructions from Sony to the letter (several times
    >over!). I also have downloaded the latest USB drivers for W2K from
    >their website. Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?
    >Thanks in advance for any help.

    Often with USB devices the drivers need to be installed before you
    plug in the device. I'd try that and then see what happens.

    Scott Peterson

    --
    If people think nature is their friend,
    then they sure don't need an enemy.

    389/586

    Scott Peterson, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Tara Garard

    Tara Garard Guest

    Scott Peterson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Tara Garard) wrote:
    >
    > >I am trying to install the Mavica CD1000 USB driver for Windows 2000
    > >and keep getting the error "Error 28 - Driver not installed", in the
    > >device manager. The Hardware wizard sees the camera correctly, and I
    > >have followed the instructions from Sony to the letter (several times
    > >over!). I also have downloaded the latest USB drivers for W2K from
    > >their website. Does anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?
    > >Thanks in advance for any help.

    > Often with USB devices the drivers need to be installed before you
    > plug in the device. I'd try that and then see what happens.
    >
    > Scott Peterson

    Thanks for the reply - I actually had tried that several times and it
    did no good. What finally worked was to let the hardware wizard run
    after installing the driver, and instead of pointing to the .inf file,
    chose "Select from a list of devices". Then I selected "Imaging
    Devices", and the Sony DSC was listed there. It is working fine now.

    Tara Garard, Aug 10, 2004