"Matrix Revolutions" (minimal spoilers)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Peter Briggs, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Peter Briggs

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Suprisingly quiet on this...thought somebody would have commented?

    Saw it earlier. Was disappointed with "Reloaded", but it's grown on me
    a lot on disc. "Revolutions"....man. My disappointment was
    exponentially factored, and I can only see it being even more so on
    disc.

    The entire movie seemed to be an excuse to make a movie about the Zion
    dock fight. Everything before seemed like stall-padding, and everything
    after seemed like the ending that perhaps ought to have been on
    "Reloaded". What happens to "those" two characters at the end left a
    sour taste in my mouth (particularly after "Reloaded", in retrospect).
    And the Super Burly Brawl? Yeech! The "Reloaded" Burly Brawl was more
    fun, for me.

    To be honest, it simply seemed as if nothing of the story's status-quo
    was specifically resolved, and left it wide open for a fourth movie.
    Beyond the dock fight, the whole rest of the movie felt like
    pieced-together afterthought, with far too many questions unanswered.

    (And, I was surprised that you don't get a really close look at the park
    bench brass plaque, which you can see very clearly on the Reloaded DVD
    documentary, giving the entire game away.)

    Oh, just to take this "on topic"...any projected idea of a street date
    for the DVD?

    Peter Briggs, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Peter Briggs

    Angry Gamer Guest

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:07:53 +0000,
    pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk (Peter Briggs) wrote:

    >Suprisingly quiet on this...thought somebody would have commented?
    >
    >Saw it earlier. Was disappointed with "Reloaded", but it's grown on me
    >a lot on disc. "Revolutions"....man. My disappointment was
    >exponentially factored, and I can only see it being even more so on
    >disc.
    >
    >The entire movie seemed to be an excuse to make a movie about the Zion
    >dock fight. Everything before seemed like stall-padding, and everything
    >after seemed like the ending that perhaps ought to have been on
    >"Reloaded". What happens to "those" two characters at the end left a
    >sour taste in my mouth (particularly after "Reloaded", in retrospect).
    >And the Super Burly Brawl? Yeech! The "Reloaded" Burly Brawl was more
    >fun, for me.
    >
    >To be honest, it simply seemed as if nothing of the story's status-quo
    >was specifically resolved, and left it wide open for a fourth movie.
    >Beyond the dock fight, the whole rest of the movie felt like
    >pieced-together afterthought, with far too many questions unanswered.
    >
    >(And, I was surprised that you don't get a really close look at the park
    >bench brass plaque, which you can see very clearly on the Reloaded DVD
    >documentary, giving the entire game away.)
    >
    >Oh, just to take this "on topic"...any projected idea of a street date
    >for the DVD?

    I'm guessing pretty darn fast since this flick is going to tank at the
    box office. Jan/Feb at the very latest. If they were smart they'd
    release it in about 3-4 weeks and make some DVD cash for the holidays
    sales.

    Angry Gamer, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Peter Briggs wrote:
    > Suprisingly quiet on this...thought somebody would have commented?

    Well, I haven't seen it (and don't intend to), but I've put some of the
    more entertaining snarky-critic quotes at the bottom of my film criticism
    page:

    <http://world.std.com/~trystero/onfilm.html>

    ....if you're so inclined.

    > Oh, just to take this "on topic"...any projected idea of a street date
    > for the DVD?

    Haven't heard anything yet, but I wonder if it won't be a longer gap than
    with the second film (since there's no need to get _Revolutions_ onto DVD
    in time for the next film's theatrical release).

    doug

    --

    In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate...

    Douglas Bailey, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Peter Briggs

    Nick Guest

    Saw it last night. Good effects but not much more. Enjoyed it though. Seemed
    like a "let's make some cash" movie.

    Nick, Nov 6, 2003