    than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
    highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the lotr
    dvd very quickly.
    thefly, Oct 13, 2003

  2. thefly

    XPD Guest

    "thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in message news:3f8b0f0a$...
    > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

    The
    > Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of the
    > rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the same
    > for Matrix.

    Gameplanet did have it on pre-order for $29.95 but looks like theyve put the
    price up now since its actually out... $36.99
    XPD, Oct 13, 2003

  3. thefly wrote:
    > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I
    > rang The Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they
    > discounted Lord of the rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am
    > hoping they will do the same for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of
    > the rings dvd, you get the best price if you buy it straight away
    > when demand is the highest, it was the same with the 1st lord of the
    > rings dvd, you would normally expect to pay the most while demand is
    > highest but The Warehouse surprised me with this move, it makes some
    > sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd rather than somewhere
    > else if they offer it on special and when demand is the highest this
    > means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the lotr dvd
    > very quickly.

    I bought it from the Warehouse this morning @ $39.95(Dunedin)

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Oct 13, 2003
  4. thefly

    thefly Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in message news:3f8b0f0a$...
    > > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

    > The
    > > Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of

    the
    > > rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the

    same
    > > for Matrix.

    > Gameplanet did have it on pre-order for $29.95 but looks like theyve put

    the
    > price up now since its actually out... $36.99

    Damn, missed out there then. Hmmm I wonder if I should wait, you never know
    but normally discounts on dvd's are few and far between so probably not like
    to get much better than $39.95 now which seems a lot for a non-special
    edition dvd, the extra's look crap on this dvd, you are really only getting
    the movie for this price, if it was an se with good extras then I would feel
    better about the price, I had hoped this dvd would be released at $29.95.
    thefly, Oct 13, 2003
  5. thefly

    jedmesiter Guest

    It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special effects...they
    should sell for $10.

    jedmesiter, Oct 13, 2003
  6. "jedmesiter" <> wrote in message
    > It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

    effects...they
    > should sell for $10.

    That sounds like major flamebait to me. Like to see you make a better movie
    :)
    lostforwords.org, Oct 13, 2003
  7. thefly

    thefly Guest

    Some special effects were good but a lot were crap, there were many effects
    that are better done with non-cgi techniques but it seems these days we just
    get more and more cgi no matter how unreal it looks, it seems very ironic
    that in many ways the ability of special effects to look realistic has gone
    backwards in the last 10 years, I've seen movies from 20 years ago with
    better special effects, cgi looks totally crap alongside good model work
    but unfortunately cgi looks like it has taken over for good. Just so I am
    not misunderstood, I think cgi is awesome when used to portray things that
    cannot be betrayed better by other means, it is a great supplement to other
    techniques but where it has gone awfully wrong is in it's use where it is
    clearly not up to the task. I pine for the day's when you looked at
    amazement when you looked a spacecraft etc.. on the movie screen that looked
    as if they really existed and had just been filmed, there is absolutely no
    suspension of belief with today's cgi effects. I guess today's teenagers
    would be none the wiser though as they have grown up with these effects and
    to them they are seeing better and better effects all the time as cgi gets
    better, never realising that some special effects use to look real rather
    than just an improved version of their computer game graphics.
    Now look you have made me rant.

    thefly, Oct 13, 2003
  8. thefly

    T.N.O. Guest

    "lostforwords.org" wrote
    > > It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

    > effects...they
    > > should sell for $10.

    > That sounds like major flamebait to me. Like to see you make a better

    movie

    I tend to agree with him on that, I found it boring, but the third one is
    meant to be better...

    For a better movie on a smaller budget, try www.fanimatrix.com or similar...
    kinda cool for a no-budget movie.
    T.N.O., Oct 13, 2003
  9. thefly

    Andrew Guest

    Dude.. its $7 bux..... if you want it, Get it

    Andrew, Oct 13, 2003
  10. thefly

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in

    > For a better movie on a smaller budget, try www.fanimatrix.com or
    > similar... kinda cool for a no-budget movie.

    Yeah, saw that on TV1 news a while back but they didn't tell you where to
    download it so I emailed them using their mail form on NZoom and I got a
    reply to say it (the mailto) had bounced..... so much for the charter ....
    and the fact that I had the spelling wrong (I though the news reader said
    FanAmatrix) didn't help either when it came to google .... happened to get
    the right spelling in the end and downloaded it. Never did hear back from
    TV1 but then thats not suprising ....

    "The original message was received at Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:03:57 +1200
    from localhost [127.0.0.1]

    <>
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)

    550 5.1.2 <>... Host unknown (Name server:
    tvnz.cvo.nz: host not found)"

    Well what you know the host wasn't found...... what if I found *changed*
    it myself.....
    Chris Mayhew, Oct 14, 2003
  11. thefly

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Chris Mayhew <> wrote in

    *snip*

    Actually I got this email first from

    "Thank you for your feedback that will be noted and forwarded to
    the relevant departments for their attention.

    If your email is an enquiry, TVNZ Communications will contact you
    soon."
    Chris Mayhew, Oct 14, 2003
  12. thefly

    Tim Guest

    Off topic a little but has anyone seen the bittorrent downloads for Matrix
    Revolutions. WTF is with that, didn't really want to download a 700mb file
    to find it was garbage but it peaked my interest a little bit...

    any word?

    Tim, Oct 14, 2003
  13. thefly

    Carl Elphick Guest

    "thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in message news:3f8b0f0a$...
    > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

    The
    > Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of the
    > rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the same
    > for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
    > price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
    > same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to pay
    > the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with this
    > move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd rather
    > than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
    > highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the lotr
    > dvd very quickly.

    Whitcoulls in courtney central in wellington are selling it for $34.95,
    around the corner at the CD Store its $39.95
    Carl Elphick, Oct 14, 2003
  14. thefly

    KS Guest

    > Yeah, saw that on TV1 news a while back but they didn't tell you
    > where to download it

    Ahh, should've been watching TV3's Nightline. They had the story a day
    earlier (as usual), and that Carolyn Robinson - mmmmmmmmmmmm :)
    KS, Oct 14, 2003
  15. thefly

    EAgle Guest

    Got a flyer from Warehouse today saying its on special for $32 .. bought my
    copy from Whitcoulls for $35 ....

    EAgle, Oct 14, 2003
  16. thefly

    EAgle Guest

    > It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

    effects...they
    > should sell for $10.
    >
    > "thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in message news:3f8b0f0a$...
    > > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

    > The
    > > Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of

    the
    > > rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the

    same
    > > for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
    > > price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
    > > same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to

    pay
    > > the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with

    this
    > > move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd

    rather
    > > than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
    > > highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the

    lotr
    > > dvd very quickly.

    It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those that
    just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed the
    storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the backline
    story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat with
    the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact the
    most important)

    EAgle
    EAgle, Oct 14, 2003
  17. Suddenly, EAgle sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those that
    > just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed the
    > storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the backline
    > story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat with
    > the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact the
    > most important)

    Obviously it was the most important, indeed one of the few parts of the
    film that actually had any purpose, but it was delivered in a hugely
    pretentious speech for no apparent reason, and somehow failed to
    impress. Thinking back, the ideas are quite nifty but it didn't work in
    the movie, IMHO.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Oct 14, 2003
  18. thefly

    Steven H Guest

    In article <bmge5a$bb6$>, says...

    > "jedmesiter" <> wrote in message
    > > It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

    > effects...they
    > > should sell for $10.
    > >
    > > "thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in message news:3f8b0f0a$...
    > > > Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

    > > The
    > > > Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of

    > the
    > > > rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the

    > same
    > > > for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
    > > > price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
    > > > same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to

    > pay
    > > > the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with

    > this
    > > > move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd

    > rather
    > > > than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
    > > > highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the

    > lotr
    > > > dvd very quickly.
    > > >

    > It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those that
    > just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed the
    > storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the backline
    > story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat with
    > the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact the
    > most important)

    all i know is that it fucked my brain more than the first one

    matrix within a matrix ?

    Steven H
    Steven H, Oct 14, 2003
  19. thefly

    EAgle Guest

    "Steven H" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bmge5a$bb6$>, says...
    > >
    > > "jedmesiter" <> wrote in message
    > > > It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

    > > effects...they
    > > > should sell for $10.

    rang
    > > > The

    of
    > > the

    > > same

    best

    the

    > > pay

    > > this

    > > rather

    the

    the
    > > lotr
    > > > >

    > > It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those

    that
    > > just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed

    the
    > > storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the

    backline
    > > story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat

    with
    > > the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact

    the
    > > most important)

    > all i know is that it fucked my brain more than the first one
    >
    > matrix within a matrix ?

    > Steven H

    Nope.... if you played Enter the Matrix there is a clue as to what actually
    happened at the end.. Part of Neo's consciousness was left behind in the
    matrix... explanations as to why he was able to sense the machines.. anyway
    we'll see when Revolutions open :)
    EAgle, Oct 14, 2003
  20. thefly

    SNOman Guest

    EAgle wrote:
    > "jedmesiter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special

    > effects...they
    >
    >>should sell for $10.
    >>
    >>"thefly" <trap@trap> wrote in message news:3f8b0f0a$...
    >>
    >>>Anybody seen a better price than $39.95 for Matrix reloaded dvd, I rang

    >>The
    >>
    >>>Warehouse but they don't seem to have it yet, they discounted Lord of

    > the
    >
    >>>rings in it's 1st week release for $29 so am hoping they will do the

    > same
    >
    >>>for Matrix. It's weird with the lord of the rings dvd, you get the best
    >>>price if you buy it straight away when demand is the highest, it was the
    >>>same with the 1st lord of the rings dvd, you would normally expect to

    > pay
    >
    >>>the most while demand is highest but The Warehouse surprised me with

    > this
    >
    >>>move, it makes some sense though as they secure the sale of the dvd

    > rather
    >
    >>>than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
    >>>highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the

    > lotr
    >
    >>>dvd very quickly.
    >>>

    > It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those that
    > just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed the
    > storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the backline
    > story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat with
    > the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact the
    > most important)
    >
    > EAgle

    Couldn't agree more. The Architect scene was very very thought provoking!
    SNOman, Oct 14, 2003