    released? I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
    favorite features of the first movie disc.

    Larry

    Larry G, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Larry G

    --o-- Guest

    "Larry G" <> wrote in message
    news:bn3b9h$t0u0r$-berlin.de...
    > Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
    > Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
    > commentary. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt as to why this is, and if
    > there are plans in the works for a special edition with commentary or a
    > commentary on the about-to-be-released Matrix Revolutions disc when it is
    > released? I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of

    my
    > favorite features of the first movie disc.
    >
    > Larry

    there's an eventual boxset apparently

    --o--, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Larry G

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    I'd rather have no commentary on "The Matrix Reloaded" than have a mind-numbing
    borefest like the "Matrix" commentary eating into the film's bitrate. The
    Wachowskis won't do commentaries, and I think everyone knows what a monumental
    disaster the Gaeta/Staenberg/Moss commentaryon the first filmwas.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Larry G

    unclejr Guest

    "Larry G" <> wrote...
    > Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
    > Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
    > commentary.

    <snip>

    > I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
    > favorite features of the first movie disc.

    You HAVE GOT to be kidding me, right? How many more "Beavis and
    Butt-Head"-type comments do you need on a commentary track?

    "Watch this... this is soooooo cool!" followed by long periods of
    SILENCE, followed by "working with Andy and Larry was great."

    <sarcasm>Yep, that sure was very insightful commentary on The Matrix
    DVD.</sarcasm>

    Whatever floats your boat.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Larry G

    Will Guest

    "CLOSEDOWN8" <> wrote in message
    The
    | Wachowskis won't do commentaries,

    The whole "they wont do interviews, they wont do commentaries" is just
    a spin they put on the fact that they were busy making the movies. Once
    they're done, they'll be able to do the commentaries.

    Plus, they'll be able to do the commentaries without worrying about
    giving away the story of the final film in the trilogy.

    Perhaps the reason why the extras suck so bad on the Reloaded DVD is
    because what with everything filming at once, it would have been far
    too easy to figure out the ending. So we got a bunch of commercials for
    other Matrix products instead of anything interesting (aside from the
    MTV spoof, which was fantastic).

    Will, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Larry G

    kaboom Guest

    On 21 Oct 2003 13:38:55 -0700, (unclejr) wrote:

    >"Larry G" <> wrote...
    >> Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
    >> Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
    >> commentary.

    ><snip>
    >
    >> I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
    >> favorite features of the first movie disc.

    >You HAVE GOT to be kidding me, right? How many more "Beavis and
    >Butt-Head"-type comments do you need on a commentary track?
    >
    >"Watch this... this is soooooo cool!" followed by long periods of
    >SILENCE, followed by "working with Andy and Larry was great."
    >
    ><sarcasm>Yep, that sure was very insightful commentary on The Matrix
    >DVD.</sarcasm>
    >
    >Whatever floats your boat.

    **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
    Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 21, 2003
  7. Larry G

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Anyone who's listened to the commentary on the first Matrix DVD knows
    exactly why there is no commentary on this one, and should be very
    thankful for being spared the pain.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 22, 2003
  8. Larry G

    Mark B. Guest

    "kaboom" <> wrote in message

    > **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
    > Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?
    >
    > kaboomie

    Are you kidding? At least read the subject line for a clue.

    Mark B., Oct 22, 2003
  9. Larry G

    kaboom Guest

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:18:15 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"kaboom" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
    >> Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?
    >>
    >> kaboomie

    >Are you kidding? At least read the subject line for a clue.

    ?? The isolated soundtrack on the first one also has commentary which
    I liked much better than the regular commentary on the disc. Sorry for
    the confusion.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 22, 2003
  10. Larry G

    unclejr Guest

    mbleek (CLOSEDOWN8) wrote...
    > I'd rather have no commentary on "The Matrix Reloaded" than have a mind-numbing
    > borefest like the "Matrix" commentary eating into the film's bitrate.

    I whole-heartedly agree.

    > The Wachowskis won't do commentaries,

    This is simply not true. They did one for "Bound" with Jennifer
    Tilly, Gina Gershon, Joey Pants, and Susie Bright all together in the
    sound booth. Susie Bright has a VERY small part (in the bar at the
    beginning of the film), but she is THE most entertaining and most
    thought-provoking commentator for this film.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Oct 22, 2003
  11. Larry G

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >This is simply not true. They did one for "Bound" with Jennifer
    >Tilly, Gina Gershon, Joey Pants, and Susie Bright all together in the
    >sound booth.

    Yeah, I know they did that one but I think they've changed their stance since
    then. Many people, like John Landis and Robert Zemeckis, have done them but
    eventually decided against doing any more. I also wouldn't be surprised if Sam
    Raimi never did another. He's done one for each "Evil Dead" film and
    "Spider-Man" but since the recording of the "Spidey" track (his latest) he's
    expressed that he's not fond of doing them and may not do any more. In any
    case, the Wachowski's may be busy but there aren't many people in the world who
    flat-out couldn't take a few hours to record a commentary track. If they
    wanted to do them for the "Matrix" movies, they would.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Oct 22, 2003
  12. Larry G wrote:
    > Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new Matrix
    > Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
    > commentary.

    I think Larry is waiting to transform himself completely into Lana
    before unveiling him/herself to thw world. Hormone treatments can be a
    bitch, I suppose.

    http://www.tgcrossroads.org/news/?aid=719

    Tallulah Blanket, Oct 22, 2003
  13. Larry G

    Mark B. Guest

    "kaboom" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:18:15 -0400, "Mark B."
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"kaboom" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
    > >> Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?
    > >>
    > >> kaboomie

    > >Are you kidding? At least read the subject line for a clue.

    > ?? The isolated soundtrack on the first one also has commentary which
    > I liked much better than the regular commentary on the disc. Sorry for
    > the confusion.
    >
    > kaboomie

    No, my bad - I'm an idiot sometimes. Obviously there's no commentary on
    Reloaded, but I don't know about an isolated soundtrack.

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 22, 2003
  14. Larry G

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > > ?? The isolated soundtrack on the first one also has commentary

    which
    > > I liked much better than the regular commentary on the disc. Sorry

    for
    > > the confusion.

    > No, my bad - I'm an idiot sometimes. Obviously there's no commentary

    on
    > Reloaded, but I don't know about an isolated soundtrack.

    No, it does not have that either.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 22, 2003
  15. Larry G

    Larry G Guest

    "Tallulah Blanket" <> wrote in message ...
    > Larry G wrote:
    > > Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new

    Matrix
    > > Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
    > > commentary.

    > I think Larry is waiting to transform himself completely into Lana
    > before unveiling him/herself to thw world. Hormone treatments can be a
    > bitch, I suppose.
    >
    > http://www.tgcrossroads.org/news/?aid=719

    Good god almighty. I thought this was a troll, but there do seem to be
    reports. Is it serious, or is it some kind of joke. If true, it does shed
    some light on why there's no commentary. <g> Well, good luck to him/her.

    Larry (not Wachowski, not "Lana") ;-)

    Larry G, Oct 22, 2003
  16. Larry G

    Peter Briggs Guest

    kaboom <> wrote:

    > **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
    > Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?

    No, dammit!

    I ripped the track from the first one, edited it, and put it on to my
    iPod. Much better than the bootleg CD score, or the "official"
    soundtrack.

    For Reloaded, I was reduced to tracking down additional source albums
    (Dougan's "Furious Angels", for instance) and low-grade mp3s from
    various places. (Don Davis' offical website has several unreleased
    traccks, inclusinf two tracks that didn't make the movie, one of which
    is a rather fun neato alternate Chateau sequence in a Korngold-esque
    style.)

    The "Matrix" issue of "Music From The Movies" magazine has an
    interesting rumour that there may be a CD set of the music when they're
    all done, but Davis ominously notes that the studio politics involved
    make this unliikely.

    Peter Briggs, Oct 22, 2003
  17. Larry G

    Larry G Guest

    "unclejr" <> wrote in message ...
    > "Larry G" <> wrote...
    > > Apologies if this has been brought up before, but picked up the new

    Matrix
    > > Reloaded disc the other day and was disappointed to find there was no
    > > commentary.

    > <snip>
    >
    > > I assume it is not to give anything away, but this was one of my
    > > favorite features of the first movie disc.

    > You HAVE GOT to be kidding me, right? How many more "Beavis and
    > Butt-Head"-type comments do you need on a commentary track?
    >
    > "Watch this... this is soooooo cool!" followed by long periods of
    > SILENCE, followed by "working with Andy and Larry was great."
    >
    > <sarcasm>Yep, that sure was very insightful commentary on The Matrix
    > DVD.</sarcasm>
    >
    > Whatever floats your boat.

    I admit it was no great insight. Heck, the George Lucas commentary on Star
    Wars I and II are a borefest at times. But, it added something kinda
    unique, like the effect of watching the film with the crew. Carrie-Anne
    Moss had some interesting comments on her stuntwork.

    Like another poster said, the highlight of the first disc was the isolated
    soundtrack.

    Larry

    Larry G, Oct 22, 2003
  18. Larry G

    kaboom Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:05:27 +0100,
    pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk (Peter Briggs) wrote:

    >kaboom <> wrote:
    >
    >> **I really enjoyed the isolated soundtrack that was on the first
    >> Matrix. Is there one on Matrix Reloaded?

    >No, dammit!

    **Dang! :-/

    >I ripped the track from the first one, edited it, and put it on to my
    >iPod. Much better than the bootleg CD score, or the "official"
    >soundtrack.

    **Isn't it fantastic? One of my absolute favorite soundtracks. The
    store-bought version seems so lacking. Is the bootleg CD version
    ripped from the DVD?

    >For Reloaded, I was reduced to tracking down additional source albums
    >(Dougan's "Furious Angels", for instance) and low-grade mp3s from
    >various places. (Don Davis' offical website has several unreleased
    >traccks, inclusinf two tracks that didn't make the movie, one of which
    >is a rather fun neato alternate Chateau sequence in a Korngold-esque
    >style.)

    **Is there a CD available for Matrix Reloaded (orchestral version)?
    How did you know where to find the additional material?

    >The "Matrix" issue of "Music From The Movies" magazine has an
    >interesting rumour that there may be a CD set of the music when they're
    >all done, but Davis ominously notes that the studio politics involved
    >make this unliikely.

    **Don't tease me :)

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 22, 2003
  19. Larry G

    kaboom Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:23:00 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"kaboom" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:18:15 -0400, "Mark B."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"kaboom" <> wrote in message

    >> >Are you kidding? At least read the subject line for a clue.

    >> ?? The isolated soundtrack on the first one also has commentary which
    >> I liked much better than the regular commentary on the disc. Sorry for
    >> the confusion.
    >>
    >> kaboomie

    >No, my bad - I'm an idiot sometimes. Obviously there's no commentary on
    >Reloaded, but I don't know about an isolated soundtrack.

    **With my luck, they'll probably save it for the DEE-LUX quadruple DVD
    version complete with free sunglasses :)

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 22, 2003
  20. Larry G

    Peter Briggs Guest

    kaboom <> wrote:

    > **Isn't it fantastic? One of my absolute favorite soundtracks. The
    > store-bought version seems so lacking. Is the bootleg CD version
    > ripped from the DVD?

    No. It's taken from session cues. (I've a lot of unreleased discs that
    filter down this way.)

    > >For Reloaded, I was reduced to tracking down additional source albums
    > >(Dougan's "Furious Angels", for instance) and low-grade mp3s from
    > >various places. (Don Davis' offical website has several unreleased
    > >traccks, inclusinf two tracks that didn't make the movie, one of which
    > >is a rather fun neato alternate Chateau sequence in a Korngold-esque
    > >style.)

    > **Is there a CD available for Matrix Reloaded (orchestral version)?
    > How did you know where to find the additional material?

    Try:

    www.matrixbeats.com

    That's VERY useful.

    Also:

    http://dondavis.filmmusic.com/films.html

    Davis' official site.

    The Revolutions album should be out in a week or so. I have it on
    pre-order at Amazon, where there's a tracklisting. Rather refreshingly,
    it seems to be nearly all Davis score!

    I'm on the look-out for the "Enter The Matrix" CD Promo, which is 45
    minutes of music from the videogame by Davis' conductor/orchestrator,
    interpolating many of the themes from Reloaded and Matrix, and
    additional Juno Reactor material. It's proving an elusive little bugger
    to get hold of -- if anyone out there has it, I'd happily trade a
    burn-off of something from my collection for a copy.

    Peter Briggs, Oct 23, 2003