Matrix 3

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Man On Stairs, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. What a boring, confusing, annoying load of bollocks!
    What the hell was the point of this movie?

    Man On Stairs, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Man On Stairs

    CLos281713 Guest

    The point of the movie was to make over 100 million dollars.

    CLos281713, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Man On Stairs

    Chris McCabe Guest

    and confuse the stupid.

    :)

    Chris McCabe, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Man On Stairs

    Justin Guest

    Chris McCabe wrote on [Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:25:38 GMT]:
    > and confuse the stupid.

    And for those of us that weren't confused, but still think it blew?

    Justin, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Man On Stairs

    Melodium Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Chris McCabe wrote on [Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:25:38 GMT]:
    > > and confuse the stupid.

    > And for those of us that weren't confused, but still think it blew?

    have seen too much and still dont know a damn good
    movie when they see one..oh and think they know it all

    Melodium, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Man On Stairs

    Ronald Cole Guest

    "Man On Stairs" <> writes:
    > What a boring, confusing, annoying load of bollocks!
    > What the hell was the point of this movie?

    To kill Trinity and Neo so that Morpheous and the Oracle could live.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    Ronald Cole, Apr 13, 2004
  7. Man On Stairs

    Chris McCabe Guest

    well, now hold on . . . justin, on what points do you think it blew?
    i'm all for giving someone the time of day if there's a justifiable
    reason for their claim.

    Chris McCabe, Apr 13, 2004
  8. Man On Stairs

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Man On Stairs" <> wrote in message news:<UQiec.1261$>...
    > What a boring, confusing, annoying load of bollocks!
    > What the hell was the point of this movie?

    I actually thought the third one was very well done. Not as good as
    the first one, no derivative work ever will be, but it was much better
    than the second one.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Apr 13, 2004
  9. Man On Stairs

    Justin Guest

    Ronald Cole wrote on [Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:18:44 -0700]:
    > "Man On Stairs" <> writes:
    >> What a boring, confusing, annoying load of bollocks!
    >> What the hell was the point of this movie?

    > To kill Trinity and Neo so that Morpheous and the Oracle could live.

    But, *did* they kill Neo?

    Justin, Apr 13, 2004
  10. Man On Stairs

    Justin Guest

    Chris McCabe wrote on [Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:52:20 GMT]:
    > well, now hold on . . . justin, on what points do you think it blew?
    > i'm all for giving someone the time of day if there's a justifiable
    > reason for their claim.

    It was pretentious and cliched. There were no real surprises in the
    story at all. There were some interesting parts, such as the whole
    sentinel attack and the hovercraft chase.

    Yes, I like action, but I also like story. And this story was no
    masterpiece.

    Justin, Apr 13, 2004
  11. Chris McCabe wrote:

    > and confuse the stupid.

    You were confused?

    LVIII

    Lord Vader III, Apr 13, 2004
  12. On 12 Apr 2004 17:31:54 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    >"Man On Stairs" <> wrote in message news:<UQiec.1261$>...
    >> What a boring, confusing, annoying load of bollocks!
    >> What the hell was the point of this movie?

    >I actually thought the third one was very well done. Not as good as
    >the first one, no derivative work ever will be, but it was much better
    >than the second one.

    The first one WAS derivative. Enjoyable, but nothing you couldn't have
    seen before in other movies.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Apr 13, 2004
  13. "Justin" <> wrote in message

    > It was pretentious and cliched. There were no real surprises in the
    > story at all. There were some interesting parts, such as the whole
    > sentinel attack and the hovercraft chase.
    >
    > Yes, I like action, but I also like story. And this story was no
    > masterpiece.

    Pretty vague. What was pretentious about it? Specifically?
    Clichéd? Show me 1 movie in the last, say, 20 years, that isn't "clichéd"
    from some movie before it. Every movie/TV show/book/song is "inspired" (if
    you like) by something that came before it...everything is a cliché
    now-a-days. However, I thought there was much in the Matrix Trilogy that was
    either a new spin on an old idea or a completely new idea altogether.

    I gather, then, by saying the sentinel attack of Zion and the hovercraft
    chases were some of the "interesting parts" of the film, that "action"
    outweighs "story" in your personal barometer? You say you like story, but
    with all that's going on in the Matrix films, across all three films, how
    one ties into the other, back and forth, that you either didn't "get it" or
    lost track of it during the "action" scenes.

    I'm not knocking your tastes, everyone's entitled to their own taste, and
    it's not wrong, but I think what is wrong is to belittle others for their
    tastes not matching your taste. This is not directed at you specifically,
    but in general to the group because all I see any more is "I liked such and
    such movie" then reply upon reply of "That movie sucked" or "You're an idiot
    for liking that movie" or "How could anyone like that movie, you must be
    gay"....it's so tiring.

    Rob McCartney, Apr 14, 2004
  14. Man On Stairs

    Justin Guest

    Rob McCartney wrote on [Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:00:33 -0400]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> It was pretentious and cliched. There were no real surprises in the
    >> story at all. There were some interesting parts, such as the whole
    >> sentinel attack and the hovercraft chase.
    >>
    >> Yes, I like action, but I also like story. And this story was no
    >> masterpiece.

    > Pretty vague. What was pretentious about it? Specifically?

    It wanted to be all it was hyped to be, thought it was, and was far from
    it.

    > Clichéd? Show me 1 movie in the last, say, 20 years, that isn't "clichéd"
    > from some movie before it.

    That's true. Yet most try and do *something* different.

    > now-a-days. However, I thought there was much in the Matrix Trilogy that was
    > either a new spin on an old idea or a completely new idea altogether.

    I saw nothing new in it.

    > I gather, then, by saying the sentinel attack of Zion and the hovercraft
    > chases were some of the "interesting parts" of the film, that "action"
    > outweighs "story" in your personal barometer? You say you like story, but
    > with all that's going on in the Matrix films, across all three films, how
    > one ties into the other, back and forth, that you either didn't "get it" or
    > lost track of it during the "action" scenes.

    Oh no, I "got it", it was just predictable and slow. There were no
    surprises.

    Justin, Apr 14, 2004
  15. Man On Stairs

    Chris McCabe Guest

    yah, i got lost somewhere around the blue and red pill part. i thought,
    "what the hell? why would someone take a pill? i just don't get it."
    that part towards the beginning when he got the cell phone fed-exed to
    him though . . . that was pretty damn cool. whoa.

    and welcome back, by the way.

    Chris McCabe, Apr 15, 2004