    exposure so that it is the same as my Minolta IV4 incident meter. I have
    taken camera reading from my grey card, fiddled with changing ISO values,
    but never do they match up. Anyone have any suggestions?

    John, Jun 4, 2005

  2. John

    Bigguy Guest

    How much does it not match by? Is the camera using Auto ISO?
    Are you using the meter to measure incident or reflected light?

    Guy

    Bigguy, Jun 4, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    Guy, usually off by one stop. I set the ISO, not on auto! With the camera
    I am taking a reading from a grey card, with the meter, I am measuring via
    incident. Both should match, considering I am taking a reading in the same
    light, same light direction etc.

    John, Jun 5, 2005
  4. "John" <> wrote in message
    > Guy, usually off by one stop. I set the ISO, not on auto! With the

    camera
    > I am taking a reading from a grey card, with the meter, I am measuring via
    > incident. Both should match, considering I am taking a reading in the

    same
    > light, same light direction etc.

    If your 5700 takes good pictures, I'd go with that. If not, use your
    Minolta meter's settings on the 5700, and then check the histogram - and
    scratch head?.
    (My similar vintage CP4500 is normally pretty reliable, except when there's
    bright cloud behind the buildings I'm shooting.)
    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Malcolm Stewart, Jun 5, 2005