Master & Slave!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Kenny Cargill, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Kenny Cargill, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Kenny Cargill

    Thor Guest

    It soon won't really matter, as S-ATA does away with the whole master/slave
    relationship.

    Thor, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Kenny Cargill

    V W Wall Guest

    Kenny Cargill wrote:

    > What do we call them now?
    >
    > http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp
    >
    > --
    >
    > Kenny

    Somebody over on grc.techtalk, remarked that his car has a master
    cylinder and four slave cylinders, one on each wheel! My car has
    dual master cylinders, and everyone knows you can't have two masters.

    Virg Wall
    --
    A foolish consistency is the
    hobgoblin of little minds,........
    V W Wall, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Kenny Cargill

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > It soon won't really matter, as S-ATA does away with the whole
    > master/slave relationship.

    It is really sad that someone is offended when someone labels a drive as
    "Master" and another as "slave". Or like in the article, when one machine
    is master and another slave. Get over it, this country is too damned sue
    happy.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Kenny Cargill

    Thor Guest

    Political correctness run amok. It's all the rage these days.

    Thor, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Kenny Cargill

    Adam Steiner Guest

    I for one think they should change their terms. Why should we change ours?

    It's amazing how dumb some people can be.

    Adam Steiner, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Kenny Cargill

    Todd Howard Guest

    KFC stopped calling them "breasts" a long time ago...now it is called a
    "keel"...apparently some woman in the States was offended or something....
    ( I got to talking to an employee one drunken night:)
    TH

    Todd Howard, Nov 30, 2003
  8. Kenny Cargill

    Thor Guest

    That's certainly not the case with KFC restaurants in Ohio and indiana that
    I have been to. They are still listed as chicken breasts.

    Thor, Nov 30, 2003
  9. Thor wrote:
    > That's certainly not the case with KFC restaurants in Ohio and indiana

    that
    > I have been to. They are still listed as chicken breasts.

    JC Allison:
    Nor in one of the latest Jack in the Box commercials where Mr. Box and a
    bunch of ad execs are brainstorming the new larger chicken breast sandwich
    and Jack keeps going "Big breasts... huge breasts... big, huge breasts...
    ahhh... how about... huge, big breasts...?" And all the guys are tittering,
    and a lone female is looking on askance... Anyway, I have to go fix the
    sargeant cylinder and the four private cylinders on my car.
    ~~~AllisonWonderland~~~, Nov 30, 2003

  10. > Nor in one of the latest Jack in the Box commercials where Mr. Box and a
    > bunch of ad execs are brainstorming the new larger chicken breast sandwich
    > and Jack keeps going "Big breasts... huge breasts... big, huge breasts...
    > ahhh... how about... huge, big breasts...?" And all the guys are tittering,
    > and a lone female is looking on askance... Anyway, I have to go fix the
    > sargeant cylinder and the four private cylinders on my car.

    Don't you mean the Breast cylinder and the four nipple cylinders on your car!! lol
    Mike the Kiwi, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Kenny Cargill

    Todd Howard Guest

    Maybe it is a Canadian thing.....you ask them here and they are called
    keels...
    TH

    Todd Howard, Nov 30, 2003
  12. Run amok is right, I think. There's considerable reason behind PC-the
    language you use does define the way you think, and it's a feedback loop
    that works both ways-but it has been taken too far, especially with this.

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 1, 2003
  13. Kenny Cargill

    Luke Hague Guest

    I just never made a connection between this being politically incorrect.
    Nor do I really care, I will always call it master and slave, and all of the
    people I know will continue too as well.

    Luke Hague, Dec 2, 2003
  14. Kenny Cargill

    Plato Guest

    Todd Howard wrote:

    > KFC stopped calling them "breasts" a long time ago...now it is called a

    Chickens dont have breasts anyway. They have chests. Ever see a nipple
    on a chicken?
    Plato, Dec 4, 2003
  15. Kenny Cargill

    Guest

    On 3 Dec 2003 23:45:08 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Chickens dont have breasts anyway. They have chests. Ever see a nipple
    >on a chicken?

    The ones at Albertsons are so big, we call them Dolly PardChickens.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 4, 2003
  16. Kenny Cargill

    Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:01:06 GMT, V W Wall <>
    wrote:

    >Somebody over on grc.techtalk, remarked that his car has a master
    >cylinder and four slave cylinders, one on each wheel! My car has
    >dual master cylinders, and everyone knows you can't have two masters.
    >
    >Virg Wall

    Plumbers are going to have to change. Can't have male and female
    pipes.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 4, 2003
  17. Kenny Cargill

    bambam Guest

    wrote in news::

    > Plumbers are going to have to change. Can't have male and female
    > pipes.

    Don't have male and female pipes, more like male and female fittings.
    Sockets, nuts, and ballcocks and all sorts of nipples. We have barrel
    nipples, hex nipples, reducing nipples, and nipple tube.
    Can't screw things together if you don't have a male and a female. :)

    --
    Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow
    bambam, Dec 4, 2003
  18. Kenny Cargill

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:14:17 GMT, bambam <>
    wrote:

    >Can't screw things together if you don't have a male and a female. :)

    Can't screw things UP, either!

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !
    Trent©, Dec 5, 2003
  19. Kenny Cargill

    wrote:

    > wrote in news::
    >
    >> Plumbers are going to have to change. Can't have male and female
    >> pipes.

    >Don't have male and female pipes, more like male and female fittings.
    >Sockets, nuts, and ballcocks and all sorts of nipples. We have barrel
    >nipples, hex nipples, reducing nipples, and nipple tube.
    >Can't screw things together if you don't have a male and a female. :)

    Barrel nipples give me the willies.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 5, 2003
  20. Kenny Cargill

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > >Chickens dont have breasts anyway. They have chests. Ever see a nipple
    > >on a chicken?

    > The ones at Albertsons are so big, we call them Dolly PardChickens.

    I've always liked dark meat anyway.
    Plato, Dec 5, 2003