master page & app_theme folder doesn't work

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by dummies2, Sep 4, 2007.

  1. dummies2

    dummies2

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    i have the same problem in this post. i created new one bc this post was 2 years ago. please help me i cant get it to work.
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3042001#post3042001

    am using ASP .NET 2.0, VS2005 Professional RTM.

    I added a master page to my web application and made my default page refer
    to it. I then proceeded to theme some elements in the master page.
    Everything worked great. When I then went to my login page and had it refer
    to the master page as well things started going wrong.
    I attempt to run my application and get directed to the login page. The
    login page is missing all the "themeing" from the master page portion. For
    example, one of the skins contains the path to the logo image. The link
    shows up broken. However, if I look at the source of the web page the path
    is in there and it is correct.
    If I proceed to login in I get to my default page and everything is fine.
    If I click the back button the login page shows up as it should.
    I have the theming set up from the web.config file.
    dummies2, Sep 4, 2007