    master? The one in the end of the cable or the one in the middle?

    Thanks,
    Ammar
    Ammar, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Ammar

    RussS Guest

    Depends on what sort of system it is. On some ATA100/133 it can be the one
    on the end of the cable and others in the middle. When you buy a MoBo they
    usually tell you which is which (using their supplied cable), but as
    SBFan2000 says, generally the one on the end.

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jul 4, 2003

  3. Ammar

    chris Guest

    the end of the cable is normally the master connector. also, ensure that
    your jumpers are properly configured for each drive to be master and slave
    respectively.

    hope that helps

    Chris

    "Ammar" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > If I want to install two hard disk on the same IDE channel with the

    jumpers

    chris, Jul 7, 2003