    Luke

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Your question is a bit unspecific, what info do you require?

    If you do a Google search for " partitioning external HDD " or "
    backing up external HDD " without, of course the quotation marks you
    should get more info than you know what to do with.

    GreenieLeBrun, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Luke O'Malley

    Martik Guest

    http://aumha.org/a/parts.htm

    Martik, Sep 7, 2005
  4. In article ,
    "GreenieLeBrun" <> said:
    -->
    -->
    -->Your question is a bit unspecific, what info do you require?
    -->
    -->If you do a Google search for " partitioning external HDD " or "
    -->backing up external HDD " without, of course the quotation marks
    -->you
    -->should get more info than you know what to do with.
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->

    Thanks for the reply. I am really ignorant of partitions. Are they
    good, bad, etc. When are they good, bad, etc. What are some of the
    uses of partitions. I think your suggestion (obvious, now) is the
    way to go.

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Look at your HDD as a filing cabinet with the partitions as the
    drawers.
    Some people like just one drawer with stuff in numerous folders, others
    may like to have a drawer for photos, one for documents, one for
    archival purposes etc.

    The choice is really yours and yours alone, only you can determine what
    your prefered usage pattern would be. Which ever way you go make sure
    that the partition onto which you intend to install your applications
    is sufficently large enough to provide for future installations.

    I personnaly use three partitions, one for applications and OS, one for
    documents and photos and one for archival purposes.

    GreenieLeBrun, Sep 7, 2005