    What have I got to do?

    Using UK freeserve news server.

    jfr
    jfr, Jan 2, 2004

  2. jfr

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:46:02 -0000, "jfr" <>
    scribbled:

    >Not cool.

    Spamming never is.

    >I am legitimately mass cross-posting, cos the conversation is multi-group

    Yeah, SURE you are.

    You don't, **** off.

    >What have I got to do?

    Learn how usenet works.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jan 2, 2004

  3. jfr

    Paul - xxx Guest

    jfr posted ...

    > I am legitimately mass cross-posting

    _VERY_ unlikely ...

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 2, 2004
  4. It was on Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:06:31 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Paul - xxx wrote:

    > jfr posted ...
    >
    >> I am legitimately mass cross-posting

    > _VERY_ unlikely ...

    No, I didn't believe it either!

    --
    Linux User #: 305646 - SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
    No viruses, no defragging,
    William Poaster, Jan 2, 2004
  5. jfr

    jfr Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > jfr posted ...
    >
    >> I am legitimately mass cross-posting

    > _VERY_ unlikely ...

    So a cross-post to:

    alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    on.christianity

    on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    OK.
    jfr, Jan 2, 2004
  6. jfr

    Paul - xxx Guest

    jfr posted ...

    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> jfr posted ...
    >>
    >>> I am legitimately mass cross-posting

    >> _VERY_ unlikely ...

    > So a cross-post to:

    alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re

    ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    > on.christianity
    >
    > on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    I wouldn't cross-post to more than three (I generally don't crosspost at
    all) relevant groups at a time.

    If you're having intelligent dialogue, how can you possibly read and reply
    to all possible replies in any meaningful sense and within the context of
    the subsequent thread development ?

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 2, 2004
  7. In article <bt42g3$cbj$>, et
    says...
    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    > > jfr posted ...
    > >
    > >> I am legitimately mass cross-posting

    > > _VERY_ unlikely ...

    > So a cross-post to:
    >
    > alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    > ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    > on.christianity
    >
    > on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    Would the atheists really be interested?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 2, 2004
  8. jfr

    jfr Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > If you're having intelligent dialogue

    Its a big if. I kinda see your point but OTOH:
    1/ The NG servers store the message once
    2/ The thread IS relevant to all NGs
    3/ Since people have already mass cross posted...
    .... ... ... ..

    oh I'm fed up with this debate. I'll just do something
    vaguely sensible.
    jfr, Jan 2, 2004
  9. jfr

    jfr Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > Would the atheists really be interested?

    Actually they *are* interested in arguing in such topics.
    The thing about atheism is it is a denial of the relevance
    of theism. You can't really deny something without
    talking about it.
    jfr, Jan 2, 2004
  10. jfr

    Trax Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0000, "jfr" <> wrote:

    |>Paul - xxx wrote:
    |>> jfr posted ...

    |>> _VERY_ unlikely ...
    |>So a cross-post to:
    |>
    |>alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    |>ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    |>on.christianity
    |>
    |>on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    New huh? most people will not cross-post a reply, Agent notifies me if I'm about
    to cross-post my reply at which point I select to post in the group alone.

    Find a group with alot of activity and take it as your own.

    As to your question "Did God create evil" the same logic would ask "Did Evil
    create god".

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    Trax, Jan 2, 2004
  11. jfr

    Trax Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0000, "jfr" <> wrote:

    |>Paul - xxx wrote:
    |>> jfr posted ...

    |>> _VERY_ unlikely ...
    |>So a cross-post to:
    |>
    |>alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    |>ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    |>on.christianity
    |>
    |>on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    New huh? most people will not cross-post a reply, Agent notifies me if I'm about
    to cross-post my reply at which point I select to post in the group alone.

    Find a group with alot of activity and take it as your home base.

    Trax, Jan 2, 2004
  12. jfr

    jfr Guest

    Trax wrote:

    > New huh? most people will not cross-post a reply, Agent notifies me
    > if I'm about to cross-post my reply at which point I select to post
    > in the group alone.

    Will bear in mind.

    > Find a group with alot of activity and take it as your own.

    Hmm.

    > As to your question "Did God create evil" the same logic would ask
    > "Did Evil create god".

    Wrong forum (ok "NG") for this argument! hehe
    jfr, Jan 2, 2004
  13. jfr

    Trax Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0000, "jfr" <> wrote:

    |>Paul - xxx wrote:
    |>> jfr posted ...

    |>> _VERY_ unlikely ...
    |>So a cross-post to:
    |>
    |>alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    |>ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    |>on.christianity
    |>
    |>on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    New huh? most people will not cross-post a reply, Agent notifies me if I'm about
    to cross-post my reply at which point I select to post in the group alone.

    Find a group with alot of activity and take it as your home base.

    <I sent this and canceled it a few times :) I don't need to start a religion
    war>
    --
    ,,
    Trax, Jan 2, 2004
  14. jfr

    Trax Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:57:22 -0000, "jfr" <> wrote:

    |>Trax wrote:

    |>Wrong forum (ok "NG") for this argument! hehe

    Damn it got through. You must be watching this thread :}
    --
    ,,
    Trax, Jan 2, 2004
  15. jfr

    TRADESMAN Guest

    jfr wrote:
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >> Would the atheists really be interested?

    > Actually they *are* interested in arguing in such topics.
    > The thing about atheism is it is a denial of the relevance
    > of theism. You can't really deny something without
    > talking about it.

    Funny that. My wife does it all the time.
    TRADESMAN, Jan 2, 2004
  16. jfr

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:07:18 -0000, Paul - xxx wrote:

    >jfr posted ...
    >
    >> Paul - xxx wrote:
    >>> jfr posted ...

    >>> _VERY_ unlikely ...

    >> So a cross-post to:
    >>

    >alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    >>

    >ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    >> on.christianity
    >>
    >> on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.

    >I wouldn't cross-post to more than three (I generally don't crosspost at
    >all) relevant groups at a time.
    >
    >If you're having intelligent dialogue, how can you possibly read and reply
    >to all possible replies in any meaningful sense and within the context of
    >the subsequent thread development ?

    Not to mention how fast the BI would shoot up, and then....

    "It's showtime."

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Jan 2, 2004
  17. jfr

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:57:54 -0800, Trax wrote:

    <snip>
    >Find a group with alot of activity and take it as your home base.
    >
    ><I sent this and canceled it a few times :) I don't need to start a religion
    >war>

    Tip: your cancels aren't going through. This would explain a lot. A lot, most
    even, of servers don't honor cancels.

    "The time to make up your mind is _before_ you hit "send. You might want to
    consider that."

    Mara, Jan 2, 2004
  18. jfr

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:24:44 -0000, "jfr" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> jfr posted ...
    >>
    >>> I am legitimately mass cross-posting

    >> _VERY_ unlikely ...

    >So a cross-post to:
    >
    >alt.atheism,alt.recovery.religion,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.re
    >ligion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religi
    >on.christianity
    >
    >on an existing topic of "Re: Did God create evil" is not cool.
    >
    >OK.

    You must be posessed. Otherwise you would just know this in your heart.
    Shel-hed, Jan 2, 2004
  19. jfr

    Paul - xxx Guest

    jfr posted ...

    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> If you're having intelligent dialogue

    > Its a big if. I kinda see your point but OTOH:

    No it's not. You're asking an enormous theological question that needs
    reasoned debate, not trying to get your point across to as many people as
    possible .. aren't you ?

    > 1/ The NG servers store the message once

    Not necessarily ..

    > 2/ The thread IS relevant to all NGs

    I would dispute that. Why would an Atheist care what you think ?

    > 3/ Since people have already mass cross posted...

    Two wrongs don't make it right ...

    > oh I'm fed up with this debate. I'll just do something
    > vaguely sensible.

    Thought you'd get fed up pretty quickly.

    You, sir, have all the traits, including st00pidity, of a troll .. ;)

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 2, 2004
  20. jfr

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mara posted ...

    > On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:07:18 -0000, Paul - xxx wrote:

    >> If you're having intelligent dialogue, how can you possibly read and
    >> reply to all possible replies in any meaningful sense and within the
    >> context of the subsequent thread development ?

    > Not to mention how fast the BI would shoot up, and then....
    >
    > "It's showtime."

    I have a firework or three saved ...

    --
    Paul