    Dick Van Dyke show volumes and possibly is geared toward more "niche"
    selling numbers as opposed to the numbers that Fox wants.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    Doonie Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:47:34 GMT, Michael Rogers wrote:

    >Will Fox ever keep thier promise to put this out on DVD? I know that the
    >first season did not sell well ..

    I know I would have bought it if it wasn't for the crazy amount of
    edge enhancement I read about in the reviews.

    Doonie, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Michael Rogers wrote:

    > Will Fox ever keep thier promise to put this out on DVD? I know that the
    > first season did not sell well but it's the later seasons that people
    > are most fond of and if they handle it like they did M*A*S*H (no
    > suppliments, common Avary 3 pack case)to keep the MSRP down, I think it
    > would turn in good sales.
    >
    > I loved the suppliments on season 1 but if they caused a higher MSRP, I
    > can do without them in favor of getting restored uncut episodes.

    They're working on it, and consider M*A*S*H and lower prices having
    already occurred to them.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Michael Rogers

    Jeffy3 Guest

    Doonie <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:47:34 GMT, Michael Rogers wrote:
    >
    > >Will Fox ever keep thier promise to put this out on DVD? I know that the
    > >first season did not sell well ..

    > I know I would have bought it if it wasn't for the crazy amount of
    > edge enhancement I read about in the reviews.

    What is edge enhancement?

    Jeffy3, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Michael Rogers

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    http://www.videophile.info/Guide_EE/Page_01.htm

    Joshua Zyber, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Michael Rogers

    Doonie Guest

    On 12 Jan 2004 08:39:30 -0800, Jeffy3 wrote:

    >What is edge enhancement?

    I went to Google.com and entered "What is edge enhancement?" The
    first hit gave me this link:

    http://www.videophile.info/Guide_EE/Page_01.htm

    Time spent: 30 seconds.

    Doonie, Jan 13, 2004
  7. Michael Rogers

    Jeffy3 Guest

    Doonie <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 12 Jan 2004 08:39:30 -0800, Jeffy3 wrote:
    >
    > >What is edge enhancement?

    > I went to Google.com and entered "What is edge enhancement?" The
    > first hit gave me this link:
    >
    > http://www.videophile.info/Guide_EE/Page_01.htm
    >
    > Time spent: 30 seconds.

    Oh if I could only be as smart as you! I'd just kill to have just 10%
    of your intellect.....how do you do it? Do you eat a lot of fish?

    Jeffy3, Jan 13, 2004
  8. I don't find any excessive edge enhancement issues on my discs.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 13, 2004
  9. Thanks!

    Michael Rogers, Jan 13, 2004
  10. Michael Rogers

    Doonie Guest

    On 13 Jan 2004 05:52:47 -0800, (Jeffy3) wrote:

    >Doonie wrote:
    >
    >> On 12 Jan 2004 08:39:30 -0800, Jeffy3 wrote:
    >>
    >> >What is edge enhancement?

    >> I went to Google.com and entered "What is edge enhancement?" The
    >> first hit gave me this link:
    >>
    >> http://www.videophile.info/Guide_EE/Page_01.htm
    >>
    >> Time spent: 30 seconds.

    >Oh if I could only be as smart as you! I'd just kill to have just 10%
    >of your intellect.....how do you do it? Do you eat a lot of fish?

    Yeah. You should start.

    Doonie, Jan 14, 2004
  11. Michael Rogers

    Doonie Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:28:22 GMT, Michael Rogers wrote:

    >Doonie wrote:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:47:34 GMT, Michael Rogers wrote:
    >>
    >> >Will Fox ever keep thier promise to put this out on DVD? I know that the
    >> >first season did not sell well ..

    >> I know I would have bought it if it wasn't for the crazy amount of
    >> edge enhancement I read about in the reviews.

    >I don't find any excessive edge enhancement issues on my discs.

    Got this from thedigitalbits.com:

    ".. There's some wear and tear on the picture and a huge amount of
    edge enhancement that does occasionally distract the eye .."

    And from DVDFile.com:

    ".. But lovers of DVD will notice edge enhancement, as thick white
    bands outline certain performer's bodies .."

    These are the two sites I read the most so I guess I got scared off.
    I really hate edge enhancement.

    Doonie, Jan 15, 2004