Mary Jo Foley - "tech" journalism at its nadir.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by -=rjh=-, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    I had trouble believing what I read in the article at

    http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1940879,00.asp?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

    =====
    "Microsoft actually is pushing the Vista launch back to January 2007 to
    appease the marketing gurus as much as the quality grunts."
    =====

    With attitudes like that toward technical matters like quality, it is
    little wonder that so much of the industry's product are appallingly bad.

    But if you're in marketing, you're a guru? Right.

    Ignoring the fact that the article's contents seem to have settled
    somewhat during publication (the content is in fact almost as bad as
    some of John Dvorak's stuff) are these guys just desperate to get
    anything in print before someone else does, with no time to think or
    even investigate details?
    -=rjh=-, Mar 26, 2006

  2. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:13:16 +1200, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > =====
    > "Microsoft actually is pushing the Vista launch back to January 2007 to
    > appease the marketing gurus as much as the quality grunts."
    > =====
    >
    > With attitudes like that toward technical matters like quality, it is
    > little wonder that so much of the industry's product are appallingly bad.
    >
    > But if you're in marketing, you're a guru? Right.

    To use MJF's (that's so close to "MDF" :) words, the "grunts" actually do
    the work, while the "marketing gurus" only say the things that they think
    people want to hear.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Jeffrey Jaffe, Novell CTO: "Our entire company does most of its work on Linux."
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 27, 2006