    sound gets kind of strained. (I notice this on the laserdisc also.) Did the
    original negative elements get damaged here? It's almost as though they had to
    dip into a print to recover these moments.

    Del March, Nov 28, 2004

  2. On 28 Nov 2004, Del March wrote:

    > * In a couple of spots, the contrast of "Cocoanuts" changes drastically and the
    > sound gets kind of strained. (I notice this on the laserdisc also.) Did the
    > original negative elements get damaged here? It's almost as though they had to
    > dip into a print to recover these moments.

    Yep, that's it; they had to go to inferior print materials for a reel or
    two.

    :(

    swac
    And of course, a better copy of Horse Feathers has yet to emerge.

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Del March

    Jeff Horne Guest

    << And of course, a better copy of Horse Feathers has yet to emerge. >>

    I imagine this is in regards to the horrible choppiness in the scene where
    Groucho first meets the college widow, Thelma Todd and Chico and Harpo
    attempt yo deliver ice to her?

    Jeff Horne

    Jeff Horne, Nov 28, 2004
  4. On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Jeff Horne wrote:

    > << And of course, a better copy of Horse Feathers has yet to emerge. >>
    >
    > I imagine this is in regards to the horrible choppiness in the scene where
    > Groucho first meets the college widow, Thelma Todd and Chico and Harpo
    > attempt yo deliver ice to her?

    That be it. Too bad they couldn't have included a copy of the script of
    the scene as written for comparison. (The subtitles just match the cut up
    dialogue on the screen.)

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 29, 2004