    is lame

    The Movies are some of the best ever made,yet this is all they deserve
    P.Neski

    PNeski, Nov 3, 2004

  2. PNeski

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, PNeski
    <> wrote:

    > This is a real Shame!! No Remasters , No longer versions, a Lame
    > Extra dvd with about 20mins of stuff ,With all the great extras that are
    > out there(I am sure Maltin would have loved to do Comentaries,The Color
    > Animal Crackers clips,The Classic Promo which is really a great short
    >
    > They went the cheap way,just as I would expect from Universal
    > But why couldn't they make this a three dvd set,theres no reason on
    > earth for a 6 dvd set thats 6hours and 40mins long,Even the booklet
    > is lame

    The reason you do a 6 dvd set is so you can use the same disks for
    individual releases.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Nov 4, 2004

  3. On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Derek Janssen wrote:

    > Invid Fan wrote:
    >
    > >>This is a real Shame!! No Remasters , No longer versions, a Lame
    > >>Extra dvd with about 20mins of stuff ,With all the great extras that are
    > >>out there(I am sure Maltin would have loved to do Comentaries,The Color
    > >>Animal Crackers clips,The Classic Promo which is really a great short
    > >>
    > >>They went the cheap way,just as I would expect from Universal
    > >>But why couldn't they make this a three dvd set,theres no reason on
    > >>earth for a 6 dvd set thats 6hours and 40mins long,Even the booklet
    > >>is lame

    > > The reason you do a 6 dvd set is so you can use the same disks for
    > > individual releases.

    > And although these're the same Image releases I cleaned off my shelf
    > when I heard the Box Set (ooooo!) was coming--so it's no loss (in fact,
    > a gain, since I never had "Monkey Business" or "Cocoanuts")--you have to
    > admit, they just didn't care with that "bonus" disk.

    Heck, they could have put all the trailers on the bonus disc and made even
    more room for the features with a greater bitrate. Oh well.

    You could always put The Unknown Marx Brothers disc in there, which has
    nice bits like footage of Harpo in a recently rediscovered silent feature
    (Too Many Kisses? I forget the title). Still no sign of Humourisk
    though...still lost to the ages.

    And why there's no sign of the "theatrical agent" short that was a trailer
    for either Monkey Business or Animal Crackers is also beyond me. I've got
    it on a few public domain collections, why couldn't Universal dredge up a
    copy?

    > Derek Janssen (if only they'd left some room for "Brain Donors", though)

    Oy...are you serious?

    swac
    And using the '70s reissue poster of Monkey Business....ugh.

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Invid Fan wrote:

    >>This is a real Shame!! No Remasters , No longer versions, a Lame
    >>Extra dvd with about 20mins of stuff ,With all the great extras that are
    >>out there(I am sure Maltin would have loved to do Comentaries,The Color
    >>Animal Crackers clips,The Classic Promo which is really a great short
    >>
    >>They went the cheap way,just as I would expect from Universal
    >>But why couldn't they make this a three dvd set,theres no reason on
    >>earth for a 6 dvd set thats 6hours and 40mins long,Even the booklet
    >>is lame

    > The reason you do a 6 dvd set is so you can use the same disks for
    > individual releases.

    And although these're the same Image releases I cleaned off my shelf
    when I heard the Box Set (ooooo!) was coming--so it's no loss (in fact,
    a gain, since I never had "Monkey Business" or "Cocoanuts")--you have to
    admit, they just didn't care with that "bonus" disk.

    But at least I found a good use for it:
    After watching all three five-minute Today Show interviews, I promptly
    frisbeed it into the trash, and used the box space for my one Warner
    "Night at the Opera" disk--
    NOW I've got a Marx Brothers boxset. :)

    Derek Janssen (if only they'd left some room for "Brain Donors", though)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Stephen Cooke wrote:

    >>And although these're the same Image releases I cleaned off my shelf
    >>when I heard the Box Set (ooooo!) was coming--so it's no loss (in fact,
    >>a gain, since I never had "Monkey Business" or "Cocoanuts")--you have to
    >>admit, they just didn't care with that "bonus" disk.

    > Heck, they could have put all the trailers on the bonus disc and made even
    > more room for the features with a greater bitrate. Oh well.
    >
    > You could always put The Unknown Marx Brothers disc in there, which has
    > nice bits like footage of Harpo in a recently rediscovered silent feature
    > (Too Many Kisses? I forget the title). Still no sign of Humourisk
    > though...still lost to the ages.

    Even TUMB had the film-short footage of "I'll Say She Is" (first stage
    appearance of "classic" characters)--
    But, Uni is Uni and Image is Image, and never the owned property shall meet.

    >>(if only they'd left some room for "Brain Donors", though)

    > Oy...are you serious?

    ....Am I ever? :)

    (Rented it last week, in fact, and it's still an unappreciated
    guilty-pleasure:
    John Turturro's Groucho manages to avoid the "You Bet Your Life" traps
    and nails the "hammy-theatrical indignance" to scholarly precision...And
    Bob "My name is Jiffy JEFF!" Nelson may not be 100% Harpo, but *dang*,
    he's closer than any other human being alive could possibly be.)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Nov 10, 2004
  6. PNeski

    r-gordon-7 Guest

    "Invid Fan" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, PNeski
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> This is a real Shame!! No Remasters , No longer versions, a Lame
    >> Extra dvd with about 20mins of stuff ,With all the great extras that are
    >> out there(I am sure Maltin would have loved to do Comentaries,The Color
    >> Animal Crackers clips,The Classic Promo which is really a great short
    >>
    >> They went the cheap way,just as I would expect from Universal
    >> But why couldn't they make this a three dvd set,theres no reason on
    >> earth for a 6 dvd set thats 6hours and 40mins long,Even the booklet
    >> is lame
    >>

    > The reason you do a 6 dvd set is so you can use the same disks for
    > individual releases.
    >
    > --

    True, but that doesn't prevent placing extras - especially extras related to
    the particular relase - on each of those discs

    r-gordon-7, Nov 11, 2004