Marvel of Peru

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jul 1, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jul 1, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:23:32 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:
    >The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this different
    >perspective:
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/

    Excellent lighting, composition, focusing and depth of field.

    A fine shot. Well done!

    Bruce, Jul 1, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, John Navas <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:23:32 -0500, in <>,
    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this different
    >>perspective:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/
    >>
    >>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    >I like the image, but think the colors are a bit dull, and would benefit
    >from levels adjustment.

    Why insist constantly on people fucking with post processing???

    GMAN, Jul 2, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this
    > different perspective:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    It can't move. It's a static subject. Should be one of the easiest
    subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to keep most of it
    out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also, most flower photographs
    are boring (been done a million times before) unless you portray them
    in an unusual or unique way.

    MC

    MC, Jul 2, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "MC" <> wrote in message
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this
    >> different perspective:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > It can't move. It's a static subject. Should be one of the easiest
    > subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to keep most of it
    > out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also, most flower photographs
    > are boring (been done a million times before) unless you portray them
    > in an unusual or unique way.

    It's the first time he did one. Let's see one of your shots for comparison.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "MC" <> wrote in message
    > > mmyvusenet wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello:
    > > >
    > > > The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this
    > > > different perspective:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > > It can't move. It's a static subject. Should be one of the easiest
    > > subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to keep most of
    > > it out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also, most flower
    > > photographs are boring (been done a million times before) unless
    > > you portray them in an unusual or unique way.
    > >

    > It's the first time he did one. Let's see one of your shots for
    > comparison.

    New on here are we? If not you obviously do not keep up. FYI he has
    done flowers before (or tried to as the case may be).

    MC

    MC, Jul 2, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "MC" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >> "MC" <> wrote in message

    >> > It can't move. It's a static subject. Should be one of the easiest
    >> > subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to keep most of
    >> > it out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also, most flower
    >> > photographs are boring (been done a million times before) unless
    >> > you portray them in an unusual or unique way.
    >> >

    >> It's the first time he did one. Let's see one of your shots for
    >> comparison.

    > New on here are we? If not you obviously do not keep up. FYI he has
    > done flowers before (or tried to as the case may be).

    OK So he did 20. My point is the same. Lead by example. Let's see one you
    did.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  8. "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:23:32 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    > <> wrote:
    >>The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this different
    >>perspective:
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/

    > Excellent lighting, composition, focusing and depth of field.
    >
    > A fine shot. Well done!

    Seconded!

    David J Taylor, Jul 2, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "MC" <> wrote in message
    > > Peter wrote:
    > >
    > >>"MC" <> wrote in message

    > easiest >>> subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to
    > keep most of >>> it out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also,
    > most flower >>> photographs are boring (been done a million times
    > before) unless >>> you portray them in an unusual or unique way.
    > > > >

    > > > It's the first time he did one. Let's see one of your shots for
    > > > comparison.

    > > New on here are we? If not you obviously do not keep up. FYI he
    > > has done flowers before (or tried to as the case may be).

    > OK So he did 20. My point is the same. Lead by example. Let's see one
    > you did.

    Don't do flowers. No market for them.

    MC

    MC, Jul 2, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "MC" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >> "MC" <> wrote in message

    >> easiest >>> subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to
    >> keep most of >>> it out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also,
    >> most flower >>> photographs are boring (been done a million times
    >> before) unless >>> you portray them in an unusual or unique way.

    >> > New on here are we? If not you obviously do not keep up. FYI he
    >> > has done flowers before (or tried to as the case may be).

    >> OK So he did 20. My point is the same. Lead by example. Let's see one
    >> you did.

    > Don't do flowers. No market for them.

    I know someone who certainly would appreciate your advice about a lack of a
    market for flower pictures. Right now she sells her flower photos for
    between $50 and $700. She does her own printing and and can't keep up with
    her orders. She will have to find something else to photograph.
    I convey her thanks for your market analysis.

    BTW Feel free to post one of your shots of any subject you choose. We will
    all learn from them.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  11. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > "MC" <> wrote in message
    > > Peter wrote:
    > >
    > >>"MC" <> wrote in message

    > >>easiest >>> subjects to photograph. However, you still managed to
    > >>keep most of >>> it out of focus. Depth of field is awful. Also,
    > >>most flower >>> photographs are boring (been done a million times
    > >>before) unless >>> you portray them in an unusual or unique way.

    > > > OK So he did 20. My point is the same. Lead by example. Let's see
    > > > one you did.

    > > Don't do flowers. No market for them.

    > I know someone who certainly would appreciate your advice about a
    > lack of a market for flower pictures. Right now she sells her flower
    > photos for between $50 and $700. She does her own printing and and
    > can't keep up with her orders. She will have to find something else
    > to photograph. I convey her thanks for your market analysis.

    I'm not daft. Of course there are some photographers who will do this
    and make a living out of it but it is such a narrow market it cannot
    accommodate many people. This person probably does it very well and
    has established herself firmly in this market. Like I said before, the
    style of flower/plant photography has be so unique to make any sort of
    mark and even then it has probably all been done before by people like
    this "someone" you know.

    > BTW Feel free to post one of your shots of any subject you choose. We
    > will all learn from them.

    My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
    have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
    I am afraid.

    MC

    MC, Jul 2, 2010
  12. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "MC" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >

    >> BTW Feel free to post one of your shots of any subject you choose. We
    >> will all learn from them.

    > My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
    > have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
    > I am afraid.

    What medium is that?
    We may not be as insignificant as you state.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  13. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >"MC" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter wrote:
    >>

    >>> BTW Feel free to post one of your shots of any subject you choose. We
    >>> will all learn from them.

    >> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
    >> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
    >> I am afraid.
    >>

    >What medium is that?

    Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
    questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
    knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
    certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
    award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
    poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.

    Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
    skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
    Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
    what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
    that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
    when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
    to any conversation.

    Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
    that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
    prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
    subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
    photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
    excrement doesn't stink.

    We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
    is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
    of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
    John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
    Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
    bollards at Mahé.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 2, 2010
  14. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"MC" <> wrote in message

    >>> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
    >>> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
    >>> I am afraid.
    >>>

    >>What medium is that?

    > Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
    > questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
    > knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
    > certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
    > award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
    > poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
    >
    > Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
    > skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
    > Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
    > what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
    > that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
    > when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
    > to any conversation.
    >
    > Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
    > that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
    > prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
    > subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
    > photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
    > excrement doesn't stink.
    >
    > We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
    > is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
    > of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
    > John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
    > Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
    > bollards at Mahé.

    I have been trained that in this context, never to ask a question to which I
    didn't know the answer.

    You had me ROFLMAO!

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  15. mmyvusenet

    Mark L Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 07:40:28 -0700, John Navas <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:33:45 -0700, in
    ><>, John Navas
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:23:32 -0500, in <>,
    >>"mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this different
    >>>perspective:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    >>I like the image, but think the colors are a bit dull, and would benefit
    >>from levels adjustment.

    >A few of my own recent flower photos:
    ><http://i46.tinypic.com/r9orie.jpg>
    ><http://i49.tinypic.com/20ig8rr.jpg>
    ><http://i48.tinypic.com/jszv9l.jpg>
    ><http://i46.tinypic.com/24o8rbr.jpg>
    ><http://i49.tinypic.com/nw0wwi.jpg>
    ><http://i47.tinypic.com/aag8i9.jpg>
    ><http://i45.tinypic.com/jauq37.jpg>
    ><http://i45.tinypic.com/fdas6s.jpg>

    Some are excellent.

    Here's a little sampling from an old website of mine. These along with
    yours might give the base beginners some ideas on how to better themselves.

    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4755829588_d87f38e084_b.jpg>
    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4755829582_a24a4ff2fa_b.jpg>
    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4755829586_9b32e85e8d_b.jpg>
    (bonus points if anyone can guess what plant that ^ one is)
    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4755829580_0688eb2998_b.jpg>
    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4755837570_ba7ea40e16_b.jpg>
    <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4755829614_f109f01b68_b.jpg>

    All taken with P&S cameras. (High jpg compression applied to entertain the
    thieves.)

    Mark L, Jul 2, 2010
  16. mmyvusenet

    LOL! Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:57:09 -0400, "Peter" <>
    wrote:

    >"tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"MC" <> wrote in message

    >>>What medium is that?

    >> Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
    >> questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
    >> knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
    >> certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
    >> award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
    >> poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
    >>
    >> Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
    >> skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
    >> Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
    >> what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
    >> that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
    >> when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
    >> to any conversation.
    >>
    >> Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
    >> that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
    >> prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
    >> subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
    >> photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
    >> excrement doesn't stink.
    >>
    >> We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
    >> is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
    >> of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
    >> John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
    >> Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
    >> bollards at Mahé.
    >>

    >I have been trained that in this context, never to ask a question to which I
    >didn't know the answer.
    >
    >You had me ROFLMAO!

    What's even funnier, is that he made a fool of himself, AND you!

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 2, 2010
  17. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "LOL!" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:57:09 -0400, "Peter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
    >>> questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
    >>> knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
    >>> certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
    >>> award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
    >>> poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
    >>>
    >>> Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
    >>> skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
    >>> Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
    >>> what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
    >>> that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
    >>> when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
    >>> to any conversation.
    >>>
    >>> Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
    >>> that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
    >>> prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
    >>> subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
    >>> photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
    >>> excrement doesn't stink.
    >>>
    >>> We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
    >>> is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
    >>> of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
    >>> John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
    >>> Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
    >>> bollards at Mahé.
    >>>

    >>I have been trained that in this context, never to ask a question to which
    >>didn't know the answer.
    >>
    >>You had me ROFLMAO!

    > What's even funnier, is that he made a fool of himself, AND you!

    Uh, it seems to me he was talking about you, fool.

    Tim Conway, Jul 2, 2010
  18. mmyvusenet

    LOL! Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:54:29 -0400, "Tim Conway" <>
    wrote:

    >"LOL!" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:57:09 -0400, "Peter" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"tony cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>>I have been trained that in this context, never to ask a question to which
    >>>didn't know the answer.
    >>>
    >>>You had me ROFLMAO!

    >> What's even funnier, is that he made a fool of himself, AND you!

    >Uh, it seems to me he was talking about you, fool.

    And that, mine idiot, is precisely why he's making a fool of ALL of you!

    LOL!

    LOL!, Jul 2, 2010
  19. tony cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >>>

    >> What medium is that?

    > Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
    > questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
    > knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
    > certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
    > award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
    > poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
    >
    > Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
    > skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
    > Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
    > what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
    > that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
    > when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
    > to any conversation.
    >
    > Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
    > that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
    > prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
    > subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
    > photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
    > excrement doesn't stink.
    >
    > We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
    > is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
    > of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
    > John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
    > Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
    > bollards at Mahé.

    Well done!

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 2, 2010
  20. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 02/07/2010 17:24, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "MC"<> wrote in message

    >>> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
    >>> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
    >>> I am afraid.
    >>>

    >> What medium is that?

    > Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
    > questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
    > knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
    > certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
    > award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
    > poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
    >
    > Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
    > skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
    > Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
    > what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
    > that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
    > when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
    > to any conversation.
    >
    > Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
    > that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
    > prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
    > subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
    > photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
    > excrement doesn't stink.
    >
    > We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
    > is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
    > of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
    > John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
    > Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
    > bollards at Mahé.

    *blows vuvuzela*

    --
    Bertrand