    Drudge Guest

    Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    She could get up to 20 years.
    Drudge, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Drudge

    Bryce Guest

    It's overcast outside and a car just honked it's horn. Also, a man appears
    to be crossing the street.

    Bryce, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Drudge

    Rick Guest

    "Drudge" <> wrote in message news:40489E0B.12272.DC551D@localhost...
    > Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    > She could get up to 20 years.

    "Neither defendant appeared to show any emotion when
    the verdict was read, though the lead prosecutor appeared
    to be holding back tears of joy."
    http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/05/news/companies/martha_verdict/index.htm?cnn=yes

    Tears of joy. Gotta love it. Nice job, VRWC.

    She's appealing the verdict BTW.

    Rick
    Rick, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Drudge

    Chris Guest

    "Drudge" <> wrote in message
    > Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    > She could get up to 20 years.

    Serves her right. Imagine if they left the securities fraud charge in?
    Hehehe. Fry, Martha, fry.
    Chris, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Drudge

    Sf Guest

    Next lets get the ENRON, and WorldCom SOBs they are the ones that has really
    done harm to the people, not Martha

    Sf, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Drudge

    Alan Browne Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > "Drudge" <> wrote in message news:40489E0B.12272.DC551D@localhost...
    >
    >>Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    >>She could get up to 20 years.

    Probably less than 2.

    --
    e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.
    Alan Browne, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Drudge

    Charlie Self Guest

    Alan Browne responds:

    >> "Drudge" <> wrote in message

    >>>Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    >>>She could get up to 20 years.

    >Probably less than 2.

    Hasn't gone to appeal yet. Let's see what a good appeals lawyer can find in the
    way of fed screw-ups during the trial. Six months at most, maybe all suspended.

    Charlie Self
    "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain

    Charlie Self, Mar 5, 2004
  8. "Chris" <> writes:

    > "Drudge" <> wrote in message
    > > Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    > > She could get up to 20 years.

    > Serves her right. Imagine if they left the securities fraud charge in?
    > Hehehe. Fry, Martha, fry.

    She was convicted of lying about her innocence. Think about that for
    a second.

    This is Soviet-esque.

    Do you honestly think a woman worth hundreds of millions of dollars
    would risk everything to avoid losing a few thousand dollars in a
    stock sale?

    --
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and
    nobody wants to read."
    Aaron J. Ginn, Mar 5, 2004
  9. Drudge

    Alan Browne Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > "Drudge" <> wrote in message news:40489E0B.12272.DC551D@localhost...
    >
    >>Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    >>She could get up to 20 years.

    > "Neither defendant appeared to show any emotion when
    > the verdict was read, though the lead prosecutor appeared
    > to be holding back tears of joy."
    > http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/05/news/companies/martha_verdict/index.htm?cnn=yes
    >
    > Tears of joy. Gotta love it. Nice job, VRWC.
    >
    > She's appealing the verdict BTW.

    Who wouldn't? It's an temporary stay-out-of-jail card.

    http://www.aliasimages.com/images/MS-LIV.jpg
    Alan Browne, Mar 5, 2004
  10. "Drudge" <> writes:

    > Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    > She could get up to 20 years.

    A travesty of justice.

    http://www.reason.com/0310/fe.mm.st.shtml

    --
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Aaron J. Ginn, Mar 5, 2004
  11. Drudge

    Colyn Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:34:35 -0500, "Drudge"
    <> wrote:

    >Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    >She could get up to 20 years.

    Big Bad Bertha Butts is about to get a new girlfriend..

    Colyn Goodson

    http://home.swbell.net/colyng

    Camera manuals and mercury battery fix
    http://www.colyngoodson.com
    Colyn, Mar 5, 2004
  12. Drudge

    jav Guest

    "Aaron J. Ginn" <> wrote in message

    > Do you honestly think a woman worth hundreds of millions of dollars
    > would risk everything to avoid losing a few thousand dollars in a
    > stock sale?

    Absolutely. Wealthy people do stupid things too....in many cases for two
    reasons:

    -- Greed

    -- They think they're above the law, and the rules of society don't apply
    to them.
    jav, Mar 5, 2004
  13. Drudge

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > "Drudge" <> wrote in message
    >> Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    >> She could get up to 20 years.

    > Serves her right. Imagine if they left the securities fraud charge
    > in? Hehehe. Fry, Martha, fry.

    But the Enron crooks are still at large. Figures...
    Paolo Pizzi, Mar 5, 2004
  14. "jav" <> writes:

    > "Aaron J. Ginn" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Do you honestly think a woman worth hundreds of millions of dollars
    > > would risk everything to avoid losing a few thousand dollars in a
    > > stock sale?

    > Absolutely. Wealthy people do stupid things too....in many cases for two
    > reasons:
    >
    > -- Greed

    Right. She was worth $650,000,000 before this scandal. She sold
    $40,000 worth of stock. That's like you or me finding change in the
    sofa.

    > -- They think they're above the law, and the rules of society don't apply
    > to them.

    You mean the rules like innocent until proven guilty? How dare she!

    --
    "Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    the valiant never taste of death but once."
    Aaron J. Ginn, Mar 5, 2004
  15. Drudge

    Jim Holland Guest

    Good Morning!

    >> "Drudge" <> wrote:

    >> Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    >> She could get up to 20 years.

    > Bryce wrote:

    > It's overcast outside and a car just honked it's horn.
    > Also, a man appears to be crossing the street.

    And I hear a TrolleyCar coming up the street --
    Honest!!!!!!!

    >>> Sf wrote:

    >>> Next lets get the ENRON, and WorldCom SOBs
    >>> they are the ones that has really
    >>> done harm to the people, not Martha

    Amen and AMEN!!!!!!!

    Jim

    Jim Holland, Mar 5, 2004
  16. And this relates to digital photography .....................
    Charles Schuler, Mar 5, 2004
  17. Drudge

    Ed Guest

    > "Chris" <> writes:
    >
    > > "Drudge" <> wrote in message
    > > > Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    > > > She could get up to 20 years.

    > > Serves her right. Imagine if they left the securities fraud charge in?
    > > Hehehe. Fry, Martha, fry.

    > She was convicted of lying about her innocence. Think about that for
    > a second.
    >
    > This is Soviet-esque.
    >
    > Do you honestly think a woman worth hundreds of millions of dollars
    > would risk everything to avoid losing a few thousand dollars in a
    > stock sale?

    Yes, greed does that to you!!!!!!!

    Ed, Mar 5, 2004
  18. "Drudge" <> wrote in message
    > Martha Stewart has been convicted of four federal felonies.
    > She could get up to 20 years.

    Did you mean to type "guily" (perhaps meaning "to posess guile"?) in the
    subject line?

    --
    Here lies the late Martin Francis
    He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss
    Martin Francis, Mar 6, 2004
  19. "jav" <> wrote in message

    > "Aaron J. Ginn" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Do you honestly think a woman worth hundreds of millions of dollars
    > > would risk everything to avoid losing a few thousand dollars in a
    > > stock sale?

    > Absolutely. Wealthy people do stupid things too....in many cases for two
    > reasons:
    >
    > -- Greed
    >
    > -- They think they're above the law, and the rules of society don't

    apply
    > to them.

    In Martha Stewart's case, I would say, Panic, plus poor advice from her
    first lawyer. He should have advised her to come clean and settle out of
    court. This is what lawyers are for....To give good advice to neophytes who
    are likely to panic and do the wrong thing. She has been very poorly advised
    by someone who should have known better.
    William Graham, Mar 6, 2004
  20. Drudge

    PeteZ Guest

    Who is Martha Stewart ?