Marketscore (Netsetter)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Market score (Netsetter).
    Can anyone give advice on this one.
    I have used Ad-Aware spyware removal software.
    By the process of alumination I have found that some code from
    Market score crashes IE6 when you try to quarantine it.
    I does not actually crash IE6, but the symtoms are that, after you open
    IE6 expecting your home page to open there is no response, its as if port 80
    has been blocked and no packets are being sent from the client side,
    or maybe something to do with winsock, what ever the reason all I can say is
    that Market score corrupts EI6 if you try to quarantine it using Ad-Aware.
    Does anyone know how or why this piece of code corrupts IE6, and how
    can it be removed without corrupting IE, by the way it also corrupts Firefox
    which lead me to suspect winsock corruption. The code might not be
    corrupting
    the browsers, but it definetly stops them from communicating.
    Sorry for the grammer but you get the grist.
    So chum up here's the lowdown.

    Vendor:Marketscore(Netsetter)
    Category:Data Miner
    Object Type:Regkey
    Size:0 Bytes
    Location:software\netsetter\
    Last Activity:12-12-2004
    Risk Level:Low
    TAC index:7
    Comment:
    web connection you make, including 'secure' connections, goes through the
    proxies and is logged and analysed on behalf of MarketScore's customer
    companies.

    Vendor:Marketscore(Netsetter)
    Category:Data Miner
    Object Type:File
    Size:49152 Bytes
    Location:C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp.fr3F69
    Last Activity:11-12-2004
    Risk Level:Low
    TAC index:7
    Comment:
    web connection you make, including 'secure' connections, goes through the
    proxies and is logged and analysed on behalf of MarketScore's customer
    companies.

    Vendor:Marketscore(Netsetter)
    Category:Data Miner
    Object Type:File
    Size:49152 Bytes
    Location:C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp.fr93FC

    Jim, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Jim

    Mike245 Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > Can anyone give advice on this one.
    > I have used Ad-Aware spyware removal software.

    There's a hidden untinstaller
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/MarketScore.html

    To use the hidden uninstaller, open a DOS command prompt window (from
    Start->Programs->Accessories) and enter, for the NS variant:

    cd %WinDir%\System
    nscheck /uninstall

    Or, for the OS variant:

    cd %WinDir%\System
    ossproxy -bootremove -uninst:RelevantKnowledge

    Or, for the MKSC variant:

    cd %WinDir%\System
    mksc -bootremove -uninst:RelevantKnowledge

    --
    Mike
    Be nerdy. Join nerdfilter.

    Mike245, Dec 12, 2004