    Can anyone who bought their edition in the USA confirm whether or not
    they have this sheet of paper glued to their box that overlaps the
    top, and the entire back of the box?

    activoice, Nov 19, 2003

  2. activoice

    Alex Woods Guest

    I'ts just inserted and not glued in the US release.

    alex

    Alex Woods, Nov 19, 2003

  3. activoice

    Byron35 Guest

    activoice <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I don't know what these idiots are thinking.
    >
    > I just got my Two Towers Extended Edition DVD, and glued to the box is
    > this card that tells you what's contained on the 4 discs, and it's
    > glued on there really well.
    >
    > These bastards did the same thing with the Xmen 1.5 box.
    >
    > I have a feeling that it's the moron's over at Alliance Atlantis...
    >
    > Can anyone who bought their edition in the USA confirm whether or not
    > they have this sheet of paper glued to their box that overlaps the
    > top, and the entire back of the box?

    Its not just a USA thing. Up here in Canada they must have used some
    form of grazy clue on that cover. It took alot of patience and at
    least 20 minutes to get that sucker off. Very stupid idea.

    Byron35, Nov 20, 2003
  4. activoice

    Peter Parker Guest

    On 11/19/2003 3:33 PM, Alex Woods pondered for some undetermined amount
    of time then wrote:

    > I'ts just inserted and not glued in the US release.
    >
    > alex

    That was the experience with my copy also.

    --
    Peter Parker

    Peter Parker, Nov 20, 2003
  5. activoice

    Wade365 Guest

    << Its not just a USA thing. Up here in Canada they must have used some
    form of grazy clue on that cover. It took alot of patience and at
    least 20 minutes to get that sucker off. Very stupid idea. >>

    I think it's a matter of who does the shrinkwrap job... my copy had no
    adhiesive whatsoever.

    What I really hate is when the person shrinkwrapping the DVD puts the spine of
    the DVD case on the melding side, melting the shrinkwrap onto the spine of the
    case, which you then have to carefully scrape, and it never comes properly
    clean.

    Wade365, Nov 20, 2003
  6. activoice

    Jordan Lund Guest

    activoice <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Can anyone who bought their edition in the USA confirm whether or not
    > they have this sheet of paper glued to their box that overlaps the
    > top, and the entire back of the box?

    The sheet on mine was not glued. It was held in place by the shrink-wrap.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Nov 20, 2003
  7. activoice

    activoice Guest

    Unfortunately I kinda tore part of the underlying cover on my copy...

    But just after I did that I figured out an easy way of getting it off,
    once you remove the bulk of it, get a bowl with some water, wet your
    fingers, and start rubbing the paper and glue, the glue softens right
    up, and comes off...

    This stupid insert should come with removal instructions...

    activoice, Nov 20, 2003
  8. activoice wrote:

    > This stupid insert should come with removal instructions...

    Got mine today for watching Sat. evening, back sheet was
    loose not glued. I wonder if different production facilities
    just have different machines for packaging stuff together and
    one has the glue option and one doesn't. ... shrug ...

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 20, 2003
  9. activoice

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    Who are the ad wizards that came up with that one?
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Nov 21, 2003
  10. activoice

    Dogbert Guest

    Same with mine. Took off the shrink-wrap and it fell off.

    Dogbert, Nov 21, 2003
  11. In article <>,
    activoice <> wrote:

    > I don't know what these idiots are thinking.
    >
    > I just got my Two Towers Extended Edition DVD, and glued to the box is
    > this card that tells you what's contained on the 4 discs, and it's
    > glued on there really well.
    >
    > These bastards did the same thing with the Xmen 1.5 box.
    >
    > I have a feeling that it's the moron's over at Alliance Atlantis...
    >
    > Can anyone who bought their edition in the USA confirm whether or not
    > they have this sheet of paper glued to their box that overlaps the
    > top, and the entire back of the box?

    Same here. I bought my copy online through chapters.indigo.ca and the
    damn card was pretty much glued to the box! I took it to my local
    Chapters (London, Ont.) and the manager was kind enough to open a copy
    right in front of me and it was the same frickin' thing. Although, the
    glue ran up the back on a different side. Even tried Goo Gone...no luck.

    Has anyone written to New Line Cinema? Anyone have better luck with
    other stores in town (Walmart, Future Shop, Best Buy)?

    It's nice to see that I'm not alone, but this pisses me off.

    Yours truly,

    Guy With A Sticky Box

    Ted Baxter(TM), Nov 28, 2003
  12. activoice

    drsd2kill Guest

    I am in the US and the sheet wasn't glued to the box - or if it was it came off
    very easily and left no residue. I actually kept that sheet and put it in the
    box.

    drsd2kill, Nov 28, 2003