    per cent have them.

    wow, thats a hell of a lot of cell phones.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17015

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > More mobile phones in Sweden than people
    >
    > Mobile phone subscriptions reached 9.07 million by the end of March
    > which in a country that has only 8.98 million people, the means 100.1
    > per cent have them.
    >
    > wow, thats a hell of a lot of cell phones.
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17015

    Thats similar to the Polytech situation here. This town (the town is
    unimportant) has a population of approximately 38,000 including surrounding
    areas. The local polytech has an enrolment list of 47,000 LoL

    We're obviously just an academic town eh.

    Rider

    Rider, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > More mobile phones in Sweden than people
    >
    > Mobile phone subscriptions reached 9.07 million by the end of March
    > which in a country that has only 8.98 million people, the means 100.1
    > per cent have them.

    Yikes, I hope you can balance your bank account with better maths than that
    Dave !

    Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy."

    Waylon Smithers, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Waylon Smithers wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> More mobile phones in Sweden than people
    >>
    >> Mobile phone subscriptions reached 9.07 million by the end of March
    >> which in a country that has only 8.98 million people, the means 100.1
    >> per cent have them.

    > Yikes, I hope you can balance your bank account with better maths
    > than that Dave !
    >
    > Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in
    > tragedy."

    Sounds like he accidentally transposed the decimal point

    Nik Coughin, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    > Waylon Smithers wrote:
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> More mobile phones in Sweden than people
    >>>
    >>> Mobile phone subscriptions reached 9.07 million by the end of March
    >>> which in a country that has only 8.98 million people, the means
    >>> 100.1 per cent have them.

    >> Yikes, I hope you can balance your bank account with better maths
    >> than that Dave !
    >>
    >> Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in
    >> tragedy."

    > Sounds like he accidentally transposed the decimal point

    And the one.

    Nik Coughin, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    >> Waylon Smithers wrote:

    >>> Yikes, I hope you can balance your bank account with better maths
    >>> than that Dave !
    >>>
    >>> Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in
    >>> tragedy."

    >> Sounds like he accidentally transposed the decimal point

    > And the one.

    Just the one.

    Nik Coughin, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:52:08 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <Dave@_no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >More mobile phones in Sweden than people
    >
    >Mobile phone subscriptions reached 9.07 million by the end of March
    >which in a country that has only 8.98 million people, the means 100.1
    >per cent have them.

    I know people here that carry two. One a business one supplied by the business,
    and the other their personal one.

    Craig Shore, Jul 6, 2004
  8. In article <>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:
    >More mobile phones in Sweden than people
    >
    >Mobile phone subscriptions reached 9.07 million by the end of March
    >which in a country that has only 8.98 million people, the means 100.1
    >per cent have them.

    That's nothing. Denmark broke the 1:1 ratio several years ago. They've
    had more cellphones than people for a long time - Last I heard, it was
    something like the phones for every two people.

    Matthew Poole, Jul 6, 2004