    should I try to get rid of it?
    --
    Hungerdunger

    Hungerdunger, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Hungerdunger

    EricP Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:46:12 -0000, "Hungerdunger"
    <> wrote:

    >I re-installed Winamp earlier today. During the process, ZoneAlarm alerted
    >me that Winamp wanted to run Program Files\MarkAny\ContentSafer\MAAgent.exe.
    >
    >I know I haven't installed this program myself, so I'm wondering how it came
    >to be there and what it is doing. Can anyone advise me whether it is OK or
    >should I try to get rid of it?

    Lots of others are asking as well. And typical of the web, nobody
    knows. It's DRm crap. It's a trojan.

    EricP, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Hungerdunger

    Bullseye Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:50:18 -0700, EricP <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:46:12 -0000, "Hungerdunger"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I re-installed Winamp earlier today. During the process, ZoneAlarm
    >> alerted
    >> me that Winamp wanted to run Program
    >> Files\MarkAny\ContentSafer\MAAgent.exe.
    >>
    >> I know I haven't installed this program myself, so I'm wondering how it
    >> came
    >> to be there and what it is doing. Can anyone advise me whether it is
    >> OK or
    >> should I try to get rid of it?

    > Lots of others are asking as well. And typical of the web, nobody
    > knows. It's DRm crap. It's a trojan.

    The program has to do with copyright protection surrounding MP3 and
    related audio files. Not necessarily malware, but personally, I would
    uninstall it. If you want to read about it here is the site:
    http://www.markany.com/eng/prod02.htm

    Bullseye, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Hungerdunger

    Hungerdunger Guest

    "Bullseye" <> wrote in message

    > The program has to do with copyright protection surrounding MP3 and
    > related audio files. Not necessarily malware, but personally, I would
    > uninstall it. If you want to read about it here is the site:
    > http://www.markany.com/eng/prod02.htm

    Thanks EricP and Bullseye. I've uninstalled it now, so hopefully problem
    solved. But it really gets me that another application has installed it
    without asking me.
    --
    Hungerdunger

    Hungerdunger, Mar 11, 2007