    newest version of thunderbird... well it does work, but only if you go
    into the newsgroup first and then do it.

    Crappy crap crap.

    Moo, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Moo wrote:
    > Right clicking and selecting mark newsgroup read doesn't work in the
    > newest version of thunderbird... well it does work, but only if you go
    > into the newsgroup first and then do it.
    >
    > Crappy crap crap.

    well, how do you expect it to work?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Moo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Moo wrote:
    >> Right clicking and selecting mark newsgroup read doesn't work in the
    >> newest version of thunderbird... well it does work, but only if you go
    >> into the newsgroup first and then do it.
    >>
    >> Crappy crap crap.

    > well, how do you expect it to work?

    I don't know about TB but I'd expect it to work as it does in SeaMonkey:
    Focus may be on one folder but I can right-click another and mark it
    without shifting the focus to it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Moo

    sticks Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Moo wrote:
    >>> Right clicking and selecting mark newsgroup read doesn't work in the
    >>> newest version of thunderbird... well it does work, but only if you
    >>> go into the newsgroup first and then do it.
    >>>
    >>> Crappy crap crap.

    >> well, how do you expect it to work?
    >>

    > I don't know about TB but I'd expect it to work as it does in SeaMonkey:
    > Focus may be on one folder but I can right-click another and mark it
    > without shifting the focus to it.

    It appears to give you that option, but it doesn't work.

    sticks, Aug 24, 2007
  5. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Moo wrote:
    >>> Right clicking and selecting mark newsgroup read doesn't work in the
    >>> newest version of thunderbird... well it does work, but only if you go
    >>> into the newsgroup first and then do it.
    >>>
    >>> Crappy crap crap.

    >> well, how do you expect it to work?
    >>

    > I don't know about TB but I'd expect it to work as it does in SeaMonkey:
    > Focus may be on one folder but I can right-click another and mark it
    > without shifting the focus to it.

    exactly the same in TB and SM

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 24, 2007
  6. Moo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> well, how do you expect it to work?
    >>>

    >> I don't know about TB but I'd expect it to work as it does in
    >> SeaMonkey: Focus may be on one folder but I can right-click another
    >> and mark it without shifting the focus to it.
    >>

    > exactly the same in TB and SM

    Maybe I'm missing something here but from your original reply I thought
    you might be implying that you first had to give focus to the folder.

    In SeaMonkey you do not need to do that. The OP and "sticks" indicate
    that doesn't work in TB.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2007
  7. Moo

    SG Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> I don't know about TB but I'd expect it to work as it does in
    >>> SeaMonkey: Focus may be on one folder but I can right-click another
    >>> and mark it without shifting the focus to it.
    >>>

    >> exactly the same in TB and SM
    >>

    > Maybe I'm missing something here but from your original reply I thought
    > you might be implying that you first had to give focus to the folder.
    >
    > In SeaMonkey you do not need to do that. The OP and "sticks" indicate
    > that doesn't work in TB.

    works OK that way in mine

    SG, Aug 24, 2007
  8. Moo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    SG wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> exactly the same in TB and SM
    >>>

    >> Maybe I'm missing something here but from your original reply I
    >> thought you might be implying that you first had to give focus to the
    >> folder.
    >>
    >> In SeaMonkey you do not need to do that. The OP and "sticks" indicate
    >> that doesn't work in TB.
    >>

    > works OK that way in mine

    Actually, to be useful, we all should be specifying what versions we're
    talking about. I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.4.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2007
  9. Moo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Moo wrote:
    > Right clicking and selecting mark newsgroup read doesn't work in the
    > newest version of thunderbird... well it does work, but only if you go
    > into the newsgroup first and then do it.
    >
    > Crappy crap crap.

    What version? Do you have any extensions installed? Have you tried
    running in Safe Mode? Have you tried making a new profile?

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2007
  10. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > SG wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Maybe I'm missing something here but from your original reply I
    >>> thought you might be implying that you first had to give focus to the
    >>> folder.
    >>>
    >>> In SeaMonkey you do not need to do that. The OP and "sticks" indicate
    >>> that doesn't work in TB.
    >>>

    >> works OK that way in mine

    > Actually, to be useful, we all should be specifying what versions we're
    > talking about. I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.4.

    when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring
    to I tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same
    way. SM 1.1.4 and TB 2.0.0.5

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 24, 2007
  11. Moo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> SG wrote:

    >>> works OK that way in mine

    >> Actually, to be useful, we all should be specifying what versions
    >> we're talking about. I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.4.
    >>

    > when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I tested
    > it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4 and TB
    > 2.0.0.5

    Kay.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2007
  12. Moo

    SG Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Actually, to be useful, we all should be specifying what versions
    >>> we're talking about. I'm using SeaMonkey 1.1.4.
    >>>

    >> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
    >> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
    >> and TB 2.0.0.5
    >>

    > Kay.

    TB version 2.0.0.6 here

    SG, Aug 24, 2007
  13. Moo

    Ed Mullen Guest

    SG wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
    >>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
    >>> and TB 2.0.0.5
    >>>

    >> Kay.
    >>

    > TB version 2.0.0.6 here

    Same here (though just for testing, I rarely fire it up, my default is
    SeaMonkey). Now we need to hear from the OP. "The latest version"
    could be a release version or something else ... beta ... etc.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 24, 2007
  14. Moo

    Herb Guest

    SG wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
    >>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
    >>> and TB 2.0.0.5
    >>>

    >> Kay.
    >>

    > TB version 2.0.0.6 here

    The earliest versions of TB (as I understand it) had a bug or the coding
    was bad and the "mark NG read" function didn't work properly. The
    latest versions seem to work much better, altho I haven't figured out
    the pattern as to when everything is actually processed and marked as
    ''read'' -- sometimes it is immediate, sometimes it is 1 or 2 logins or
    computer-starts later. At least that's been my experience.

    --
    Herb @ Mid-Atlantic Weather Station
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/herbwx/index.html

    Herb, Aug 24, 2007
  15. Moo

    sticks Guest

    SG wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> when I said: "exactly the same in TB and SM" I was referring to I
    >>> tested it in both TB and SM and it works both the same way. SM 1.1.4
    >>> and TB 2.0.0.5
    >>>

    >> Kay.
    >>

    > TB version 2.0.0.6 here

    Same here. 2.0.0.6
    I can right click on another group from within this one, and choose
    "Mark Newsgroup Read"
    It simply turns the highlight back to the group I am working in,
    basically ignoring the command. HTH

    sticks, Aug 24, 2007
  16. >> In SeaMonkey you do not need to do that. The OP and "sticks" indicate
    >> that doesn't work in TB.
    >>

    > works OK that way in mine

    Mine too, I just marked another group as read while in this group,
    reading the message quoted above.

    Stanley Eisen, Aug 27, 2007
  17. Moo

    Moo Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > SG wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Kay.
    >>>

    >> TB version 2.0.0.6 here

    > Same here (though just for testing, I rarely fire it up, my default is
    > SeaMonkey). Now we need to hear from the OP. "The latest version"
    > could be a release version or something else ... beta ... etc.

    Sorry, been away.

    I'm using the latest automatic upgrade 2.0.0.6

    If I focus on a newsgroup and choose mark newsgroup read it works fine,
    if I right click on one newsgroup whilst focused on another it won't work.

    Worked fine before the upgrade.

    --

    My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com

    Moo, Aug 30, 2007