    to list these in a panel for viewing and actioning at a later date.

    Is there any way to replicate that in TB as I'm thinking of changing to
    it for email as well as News but I use that facility too much to give it up!
    dino, Sep 20, 2007

  2. dino wrote:
    > I'm using Outlook atm for my email and the best function in it is the
    > ability to mark emails for follow-up with coloured flags and to be able
    > to list these in a panel for viewing and actioning at a later date.
    >
    > Is there any way to replicate that in TB as I'm thinking of changing to
    > it for email as well as News but I use that facility too much to give it up!

    I don't know if this is what you want, but try clicking on
    Message, Tag. Will will tag the messages to whatever you
    want. You can also hit the numbers zero to five. You can
    also customize those colors and even add more tags.

    Then, in the headers/thread pane [thats the one that has
    subject, date, sender, etc], if you look to the far right,
    there is a gismo that looks like a bent arrow. Its right
    above the scrollbar. If you click on that, you will get a
    list of other columns you can add. Click on Tag. Now, when
    you tag something, lets say with Important, then not only
    will that message be highlighted in red, but in the Tag
    column you will now see the word Important.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 20, 2007

  3. dino

    dino Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > dino wrote:
    >> I'm using Outlook atm for my email and the best function in it is the
    >> ability to mark emails for follow-up with coloured flags and to be
    >> able to list these in a panel for viewing and actioning at a later date.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to replicate that in TB as I'm thinking of changing
    >> to it for email as well as News but I use that facility too much to
    >> give it up!

    > I don't know if this is what you want, but try clicking on Message,
    > Tag. Will will tag the messages to whatever you want. You can also hit
    > the numbers zero to five. You can also customize those colors and even
    > add more tags.
    >
    > Then, in the headers/thread pane [thats the one that has subject, date,
    > sender, etc], if you look to the far right, there is a gismo that looks
    > like a bent arrow. Its right above the scrollbar. If you click on
    > that, you will get a list of other columns you can add. Click on Tag.
    > Now, when you tag something, lets say with Important, then not only will
    > that message be highlighted in red, but in the Tag column you will now
    > see the word Important.

    Thanks....that sounds very similar to the way Outlook works. Is it
    possible to display tagged messages only from the "Folders" menu or do I
    have to do a filter?
    dino, Sep 21, 2007
  4. dino wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> dino wrote:
    >>> I'm using Outlook atm for my email and the best function in it is the
    >>> ability to mark emails for follow-up with coloured flags and to be
    >>> able to list these in a panel for viewing and actioning at a later date.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to replicate that in TB as I'm thinking of changing
    >>> to it for email as well as News but I use that facility too much to
    >>> give it up!

    >> I don't know if this is what you want, but try clicking on Message,
    >> Tag. Will will tag the messages to whatever you want. You can also hit
    >> the numbers zero to five. You can also customize those colors and even
    >> add more tags.
    >>
    >> Then, in the headers/thread pane [thats the one that has subject, date,
    >> sender, etc], if you look to the far right, there is a gismo that looks
    >> like a bent arrow. Its right above the scrollbar. If you click on
    >> that, you will get a list of other columns you can add. Click on Tag.
    >> Now, when you tag something, lets say with Important, then not only will
    >> that message be highlighted in red, but in the Tag column you will now
    >> see the word Important.
    >>

    > Thanks....that sounds very similar to the way Outlook works. Is it
    > possible to display tagged messages only from the "Folders" menu or do I
    > have to do a filter?

    "Folders" menu? What folders menu? You can sort them by
    clicking on the Tag column.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 21, 2007
  5. dino

    dino Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > dino wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> I don't know if this is what you want, but try clicking on Message,
    >>> Tag. Will will tag the messages to whatever you want. You can also
    >>> hit the numbers zero to five. You can also customize those colors
    >>> and even add more tags.
    >>>
    >>> Then, in the headers/thread pane [thats the one that has subject,
    >>> date, sender, etc], if you look to the far right, there is a gismo
    >>> that looks like a bent arrow. Its right above the scrollbar. If you
    >>> click on that, you will get a list of other columns you can add.
    >>> Click on Tag. Now, when you tag something, lets say with Important,
    >>> then not only will that message be highlighted in red, but in the Tag
    >>> column you will now see the word Important.
    >>>

    >> Thanks....that sounds very similar to the way Outlook works. Is it
    >> possible to display tagged messages only from the "Folders" menu or do
    >> I have to do a filter?

    > "Folders" menu? What folders menu? You can sort them by clicking on the
    > Tag column.

    Maybe my terminology is wrong? I probably should have said Folder list.
    In my set up it's in the left hand side of the screen contains the Inbox
    etc.

    The reason I'm asking is that in Outlook there is an option to display a
    "Follow-Up" list direct from that menu without having to sort the Inbox.
    The emails can be pre-filtered into a variety of folders in advance and
    when they are unflagged as completed they disappear of the "Follow-Up"
    list and remain in their folder.

    This is why I find the option so useful in Outlook and why I would miss
    it so much in TB if it can't do it. Maybe I need to play around a little
    more?
    dino, Sep 22, 2007
  6. dino

    Crush Evil Guest

    Make tagging a lil' more permanent

    Marvelous are X-headers !

    Perhaps you might bug the extension developers at
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=19

    For an extension that will "run filter(s) on application load (or on
    every mail fetch), and pour results into a view [1]"

    > The reason I'm asking is that in Outlook there is an option to display a
    > "Follow-Up" list direct from that menu without having to sort the Inbox.

    There is an extension for thunderbird whose name esacapes me at the
    moment, but that will allow you to create customized views.

    Its fun to reply out of order when tired. See above.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search?q=view&status=4
    Crush Evil, Sep 25, 2007