    -=-=-
    .... MZ
    * TagZilla 0.049
    Peter Arnold, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Peter Arnold

    LilaJPW Guest

    Peter Arnold wrote:

    > Is there a speedy way to mark all my newsgroups read? That would give
    > me more time to try and figure out the lack of multiple signature
    > ability in Thunderturd.
    >
    > Pete, No Sig Available.
    > -=-=-
    > ... MZ
    > * TagZilla 0.049

    Message\Mark\Mark all messages as read
    LilaJPW, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Peter Arnold

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/14/2004 11:51 PM, LilaJPW wrote:

    > Peter Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a speedy way to mark all my newsgroups read? That would give
    >> me more time to try and figure out the lack of multiple signature
    >> ability in Thunderturd.
    >>

    > Message\Mark\Mark all messages as read

    That's not what he wants to do; he wants to mark all the _newsgroups_ as
    read. What you described marks all the messages in one newsgroup as
    being read.

    There isn't a way to mark all newsgroups read--not that I know of
    anyway--but it's one feature I've always wished existed.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Jul 15, 2004
  4. Peter Arnold

    Peter Arnold Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > On 7/14/2004 11:51 PM, LilaJPW wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Arnold wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a speedy way to mark all my newsgroups read? That would
    >>> give me more time to try and figure out the lack of multiple
    >>> signature ability in Thunderturd.
    >>>

    >> Message\Mark\Mark all messages as read

    AGENT is winning this battle

    Pete Arnold

    -=-=-
    .... MZ
    * TagZilla 0.049
    Peter Arnold, Jul 15, 2004
  5. > That's not what he wants to do; he wants to mark all the _newsgroups_ as
    > read. What you described marks all the messages in one newsgroup as
    > being read.
    >
    > There isn't a way to mark all newsgroups read--not that I know of
    > anyway--but it's one feature I've always wished existed.

    I can't say it's a feature I'm bothered about. I tend to go through my
    newsgroups, one at a time and read the messages I want, and then mark
    the rest as read. I don't have newsgroups that I don't read. Can't see
    the point.

    Bryan
    Bryan Harrison, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Peter Arnold

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    > I can't say it's a feature I'm bothered about. I tend to go through my
    > newsgroups, one at a time and read the messages I want, and then mark
    > the rest as read. I don't have newsgroups that I don't read. Can't see
    > the point.

    Point is that there are certain high volume newsgroups in which I'm
    interested in only a thread or two. I'd rather just read those threads,
    move on to the next newsgroup, read only the interesting thread there,
    and keep at it till I'm done. Then I'd just like to mark all messages as
    read (i.e. the threads I skipped) in one go, not do it for each
    individual group.

    --
    "Biplane" ...last words a pilot says before bailing out

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl
    Mueen Nawaz, Jul 15, 2004
  7. Peter Arnold

    Tony Raven Guest

    Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    > Point is that there are certain high volume newsgroups in which I'm
    > interested in only a thread or two. I'd rather just read those threads,
    > move on to the next newsgroup, read only the interesting thread there,
    > and keep at it till I'm done. Then I'd just like to mark all messages as
    > read (i.e. the threads I skipped) in one go, not do it for each
    > individual group.

    I do that too but just hit menu key/k/a to mark them all read. Easily
    done in a second as you finish each newsgroup

    Tony
    Tony Raven, Jul 15, 2004