    MapViewOfFile() supports only a DWORD argument for the mapping size but this
    can be left zero to indicate that one wants to map the entire file.
    Does this work for files larger than 4GByte?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=, Sep 27, 2005

  2. If you are using FAT32 move to NTFS, it will support that file size.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 27, 2005

  3. If he were using FAT32 then his question couldn't arise in the first place.
    His file is already greater than 4GB and his question concerns
    MapViewOfFile().

    Norman Diamond, Sep 28, 2005
  4. True.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 28, 2005
  5. If you're calling from a 64 bit program, then yes, it should grab a file
    larger than 4GB, since the address space available is 8TB. But I am NOT a
    programmer, and I don't even play one on the Internet any more.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005
  6. I may not be a programmer, but GIYF.

    http://www.devx.com/assets/amd/11615.ppt

    (google MapViewOfFile() x64)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=

    Mercury Guest

    LPVOID MapViewOfFileEx(
    HANDLE hFileMappingObject,
    DWORD dwDesiredAccess,
    DWORD dwFileOffsetHigh,
    DWORD dwFileOffsetLow,
    SIZE_T dwNumberOfBytesToMap,
    LPVOID lpBaseAddress
    );

    SIZE_T The maximum number of bytes to which a pointer can point. Use
    for a count that must span the full range of a pointer.
    This type is declared in Basetsd.h as follows:

    typedef ULONG_PTR SIZE_T;

    IE SIZE_T is = LONG_PTR which *is* 64bit.

    Mercury, Sep 28, 2005