    Do I have to do something special when I map this external harddrive as a
    shared device, or when I try to connect to it via network system.

    Thanks...

    Bruce A. Julseth, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Hi
    If it is recognized as a drive it should share and map like any other drive.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 12, 2006

  3. "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > If it is recognized as a drive it should share and map like any other
    > drive.
    > settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is
    > allowed to be shared.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Bruce A. Julseth" <> wrote in message
    >>I have an external harddrive connected to my system via a USB port that I
    >>have marked as "shared" however I get a "cannot connect" whenever I try to
    >>access it.
    >>
    >> Do I have to do something special when I map this external harddrive as a
    >> shared device, or when I try to connect to it via network system.
    >>
    >> Thanks...

    My "regular" hard drives I am able to share so something is going on that
    stops me from sharing the external HD.

    I'll take look at the URL link you provided. Thank..

    Bruce A. Julseth, Jun 12, 2006