    every day. Is there something I'm missing when I Map the Drive.
    --
    Dawk

    Dawk, Aug 26, 2008

  2. Have you checked Reconnect at logon?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    http://www.HowToNetworking.com

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Aug 26, 2008

  3. Dawk

    Dawk Guest

    Yep!

    --
    Dawk

    Dawk, Aug 26, 2008
  4. It could be a 3rd party software issue. for troubleshooting, start the
    windows with clean boot. If that doesn't fix, you may cerate a logon script
    to map the drives.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Aug 26, 2008
  5. Hi
    I have few 3rd party applications that if invoke before any thing else after
    the Network was switched on would not recognize the mapped drive.
    However if I first invoke Windows Explorer and click on the mapped drive,
    Windows Explorer recognizes the drive and the other applications would then
    recognize it as well until the next time that the network is switched Off,
    and On again.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 26, 2008
  6. Dawk

    Dawk Guest

    Jack:

    I tried your fix and it seems to be working. Although, it has worked, for
    no apparent reason, in the past. I'll let you know how things go. By the
    way, it is a 3rd party application that triggers the issue.

    Dawk

    Dawk, Aug 29, 2008
  7. Dawk

    Dawk Guest

    Jack:

    Your solution seemed to work for awhile but this morning I had to connect to
    the network drive through explorer again to get the program running again.
    It's probably easier just to map the drive every morning. Anybody have any
    other ideas?

    Dawk
    --
    Dawk