    anything to set this up on my old PC, it was just always like that.

    How do I go about setting it up?

    Thanks.
    Lukan, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Lukan wrote:
    > I've just bought a new Dell PC with Vista. The first thing I did on it
    > was to install Firefox and Thunderbird.
    >
    > The middle button (wheel button) on my mouse isn't set up to open links
    > in new tabs/close tabs when you click on them. I can't remember doing
    > anything to set this up on my old PC, it was just always like that.
    >
    > How do I go about setting it up?
    >
    > Thanks.

    for FF: in the address bar type in about:config and look for
    this entry:

    browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick

    once found, double click on it and change it to true.

    For TB -- I'm not sure but I think its: Click on Tools,
    Options, Advanced, General Tab, and Config Editor button,
    and look for this entry:

    middlemouse.contentLoadURL

    and change it to true

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 20, 2008

  3. Lukan

    Lukan Guest

    >> Thanks.
    >
    > for FF: in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick
    >
    > once found, double click on it and change it to true.

    That's interesting, according to that it's already set as true.

    Doesn't work though :)
    Lukan, Feb 20, 2008
  4. Lukan

    Lukan Guest

    I turned off the mouse software for so called "advanced functions" that
    was booting up with Windows. For whatever reason that was screwing up
    the middle click functions (for both FF and IE, incidentally, so it's
    not a FF issue).

    ......... why do PC companies load so much crap on their new systems that
    doesn't do anything constructive or necessary, that's what I want to
    know....
    Lukan, Feb 20, 2008