    to the shared i386 folder as I am crap with DOS commands?

    Thanks

    Paul
    Not Known, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Not Known

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:17:48 +0100, Not Known wrote:

    >HI,
    >
    >I want to install Win2k on a machine, with no CD drive, over the network.

    Put in a CD it's easier then building client install disks.

    >Can someone please give me brief info about how I go about mapping a drive
    >to the shared i386 folder as I am crap with DOS commands?

    You create a client install disk, i.e. DOS network card drivers, mini
    login script with username / paswords of an installer account etc....

    IIRC there is on a Windows 2000/NT Server CD a folder / addin for Client
    Install DIsk Wizard.

    Then there is RIS, if you have a RIS server, or Ghost boot floppy if
    using Ghost Image server.

    See the vast MS Windows 2000 resources www.microsoft.com check
    'delpoyment' 'remote installation' and www.google.com

    If that makes no sense, back to www.google.com

    try reading one of many atricles -
    http://www.jrksoftware.com/articles/technical-articles/windows-2000-installation-methods.html

    Or play around with some keywords such as
    windows 2000 client boot diskette install

    Me
    why?, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Not Known

    Not Known Guest