    ideas
    WinXP home on mp3 pc and laptop
    98se on mpg, no problems with 98 box
    Rosco, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Rosco

    PC Guest

    "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9719C4A11F472rosco111NOCAPScharte@69.28.186.121...
    > On my home network I store MP3's on one computer mpgs on another and
    > most of the time load them from my laptop. the pcs are all connected
    > via cat 5 the the laptop wirelessly. The drive the mp3s are on is
    > mapped as the Z drive yet when i try to load a playlist on the laptop
    > it will cycle though the songs as if the file doesnt exist until i open
    > the folder that contains the mp3s in explorer, ( i guess truley
    > connecting) i thought that was the point of mapping the drive, any
    > ideas
    > WinXP home on mp3 pc and laptop
    > 98se on mpg, no problems with 98 box

    Rosco

    No fix but have observed similar issues with other wireless networked
    laptops.
    Possibly tied up with power saving putting the wireless to sleep until you
    wake it with a direct explorer call.
    Have also had one wireless USB device that would only work after connecting
    the same machine via Cat5 & then disconnecting the Cat 5.

    Another setup I've looked at with two laptops, one would connect instantly &
    stay connected rock solid all day if necessary, the other laptop would
    connect sometimes & then just drop out after a few seconds/minutes. The one
    that worked had the same brand of wireless equipment as the access
    point(Dlink), the laptop giving problems had another brand (Intel Centrino)

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Nov 26, 2005