    I`m just curious why i need to keep putting the password abck in to connect.
    I have checked the drive and it has a tick to reconnect at login.

    any ideas please.

    JONI, Oct 29, 2003

  2. JONI

    Max of Mad Guest

    JONI wrote:

    > I`ve mapped a drive from a win98 machine to a winxp
    > everytime the xp machines starts up it states that it can`t
    > reconnect a network drive ie the mapped one.
    > When i double click on the drive it prompts for a password
    > and then it open up and all it well.
    >
    > I`m just curious why i need to keep putting the password abck in to connect.
    > I have checked the drive and it has a tick to reconnect at login.
    >
    > any ideas please.

    Both machines should be set on the same network workgroup(may not
    matter). And you should have the same account username and password on
    both machines.

    On the 98 machine, under networking, you should have the login set as
    client for MS networks (not windows login).

    Max of Mad
    --
    Leave a tone after the message

    Max of Mad, Oct 30, 2003