    Thanks,
    David
    , Sep 30, 2008

  2. SP2: There are networking changes to the NICs that need to be disabled.
    You'll need to go into the registry to fix it. I'm not where I have the
    exact location, but it's HKLM:/Services/tcpip if I remember correctly. You
    want to disable RSS and TCPChimney (TCP Offload or task offload).

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Guest

    Could be...could give you exact details when you get a chance.

    FYI: the way this error works...you have to run the copy on the source
    machine in order for it work.
    I ran a copy going the other way today and it failed with the same
    error. Which makes sense and
    makes me believe it is not something unique to the configure of one
    machine and not the other.

    Thanks,
    David

    On Sep 30, 11:33 am, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:
    > SP2: There are networking changes to the NICs that need to be disabled.
    > You'll need to go into the registry to fix it. I'm not where I have the
    > exact location, but it's HKLM:/Services/tcpip if I remember correctly. You
    > want to disable RSS and TCPChimney (TCP Offload or task offload).
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > two windows XP x64 machines...both configured the same.  Mapped drive
    > > in both directions.
    > > In one direction.  Things work fine.
    > > The other direction.  Larger files of a few hundred meg fail with
    > > access denied error.
    > > smaller one line test files work fine in this direction.

    > > SP2 is installed on both machines.  There is a fix in SP2 for a issue
    > > like this.

    > > Any ideas?

    > > Second question: Any way to enable logging and access the logging
    > > information on these type of operations?

    > > Thanks,
    > > David- Hide quoted text -

    , Sep 30, 2008
  4. I'm on the road. GIYF and you should be able to find it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 1, 2008