    wireless.

    What's up?

    JohnF

    JohnF, Sep 21, 2005

  2. JohnF

    pcbutts1 Guest

    This has worked for me. In your network properties do you have CSNW that's
    Client Services for Netware installed? That's part of Novell. If it is
    installed and you don't use it then remove it as it is not needed.

    pcbutts1, Sep 21, 2005

  3. JohnF

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:57:52 GMT, JohnF wrote:

    >On a boot or reboot my accounting software can't find the data path

    That's a lot of server reboots, if it's that much of an irritating
    problem. Get a proper server OS and try to avoid rebooting it.

    >(mapped drive) to the server (peer-to-peer). If I go to explorer in

    You are disconnecting the server (mapped path) and the other systems
    have a problem?

    >the offending remote computers the mapped drive shows up OK. If I

    No little red X on the drive letter for the share, no time delay
    reconnecting?

    XP has some default idle timeouts for mapped drives.

    www.google.com will turn up several articles mentioning the
    autodisconnect effect and registry edits if required and MS articles.

    >open the mapped drive then close it the software has no problem until
    >the next boot. I've remapped the drive and reset the data path in the
    >software .INI file but it makes no difference.

    Most likely not, as the issues appears to be a mapped path issue , not
    the path.

    >4 comps involved all XP Pro, all updated, 512 ram. 2 cabled NIC, 2

    One of the 4 is the 'server'?

    'all updated'?

    >wireless.
    >
    >What's up?
    >
    >JohnF

    Me

    why?, Sep 21, 2005
  4. JohnF

    JohnF Guest

    The "server" I refer to is just the one comp the main files for that
    software are located on. It doesn't get re-booted very often but the
    others do from time to time, those are the ones with the path problem.
    The mapped drive shows up just fine in explorer with no indication of
    a problem and opens right up if I click on it. After that all is well
    in Gotham.

    I'll look into the time delay thing.

    JohnF

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:32:20 GMT, why?