MAPP Gas For House Plumbing Soldering ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello,

    Guess this dates me, but when I did a fair amount of house plumbing, there
    was pretty much
    only the Propane type of torches.

    I see now at Home Depot, that they apparently sell a lot of MAPP torches for
    this purpose.

    So, may I please ask:

    a. which is more popular now for occasional house use to run a new line,
    repair a leak, etc. ?

    b. With MAPP, does one still have to "completely" drain the line of any
    water first ?
    If so, "fully" drain ?

    c. MAPP more expensive ?

    d. Pros and cons, etc.