    Any help or the fix would be great... PS there isn't any MAPI settings under
    the general tab. It is OE 6

    Thanks
    LB, Mar 4, 2004

  2. LB

    °Mike° Guest

    If you don't have Outlook installed and configured
    for email, you will get that error -- 'Export' is for
    that purpose.

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:14:16 GMT, in
    <ceL1c.41869$%>
    LB scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 4, 2004

  3. In article <ceL1c.41869$%>,
    says...

    >Hello,
    > I am trying to export my e-mail and get an error.
    >File, Export, Messages -- error -- "unable to initialize MAPI"
    >
    >I can't find a fix...errr
    >Any help or the fix would be great... PS there isn't any MAPI settings under
    >the general tab. It is OE 6

    The File/Export function in Outlook Express is only intended to export
    information to an installed version of Outlook (a part of Microsoft Office
    Suite). If you do not have Outlook installed, the error message is
    expected. To save/copy/backup your information in Outlook Express, see this
    page:

    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

    Gary E
    --
    |Gary A. Edelstein
    | (remove NOSPAM and .invalid to reply)
    |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo
    Gary A. Edelstein, Mar 4, 2004